Wednesday, 25 August 2010

Wednesday

Last night after I posted I attempted Rachel Cosgrove's Week 1 base workout (body weight only for most of the exercises while I learn them). As promised I was sweating profusely by the end of the warm up - I will admit I generally don't rate warming up as a real part of a workout, but that one did feel like I was training already. Especially the Inchworms... I really struggle with squats though and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. My knees seem to collapse inwards and I can't keep my feet flat on the floor, which is one of the reasons I haven't progressed with any of my plans to take up weights so far - I can't help feeling like I'm going to completely mess up my knees or ankles that way. I'm not aching too much this morning (though some of the exercise had my muscles screaming even with no weights) so I started the day with an elliptical workout (even though Ms Cosgrove told me not to...) It really helps me feel more energised for a day at work to train in the morning, and the routine in the book takes too long - especially when I have to keep checking the instructions. Plus its going to take a while to get my head around the number of days off - today should be a rest day, so should Friday and Sunday... I figure that I need less rest while in exercise learning phase though, so I have time to work it out inside.

P1070613

This is the view from my front door this morning!
Keeping my eye on the road was even harder this morning as there was a hot air balloon out - I really want to go up in a balloon some day, and seeing that floating above beautiful scenery on a gorgeous sunny morning just epitomised my dream trip. I guess I'm better start planning for making it a reality...

On the other hand, the weather turned to crap mid-morning and I was glad to be inside the office not out in the torrential rain! I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re flooded in by morning at the rate its going!

Food today:
Breakfast: Soaked oats & oatbran with soya milk and strawberries plus a protein frappe of iced coffee, soya milk, cookies & cream whey and half a banana. I had the shake as a pre- and post- training snack and kept the oats till I reached work.

P1070610
Lunch: Cous cous and roasted vegetable salad with beans added for protein

P1070609
Dinner:Frozen hake topped with pasta sauce (Loyd Grossman’s Tomato & Almond Sauce) and cheese, served with grilled vegetables. Very tasty (although I had to finish cooking the fish in the microwave – might have been better to defrost it first!)

P1070616

Snacks: Greek yogurt with home-made unsweetened applesauce and seeds stirred in;

P1070611 P1070615

a protein bar. I might have had a small amount of pic’n’mix after dinner as well…


Weight this morning: 10 st 6lbs (146 lbs) WTF??!!! I think this must be a combination of constipation and water retention from my second training session yesterday. If not, I really don't know what I did to deserve that (unless the chocolate tart at the weekend has been skulking around waiting to ambush me today!!!)

2 comments:

  1. The scale is a crazy thing. I share your digestive issues and there's really no telling what my delicate body will do with intense exercise, not enough water and/or a little too much salt.

    Your sunrise is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful sunrise! Don't worry too much about the number on the scale, I'm sure things will even out!

    ReplyDelete