Friday, 20 August 2010

Tired….

Well, here I am - as usual on Day 1 its all about getting your accounts and logins sorted out, which is a lovely mixture of confusion at new systems etc and boredom because you have nothing specific to do yet! The people are very nice so far, which is always important!
My desk is near the kitchen, which is handy, and the vending machines, which is worrying... ;-) They contain the usual mixture of really healthy chocolates, crisps and sweets plus mostly full calorie soft drinks! This is a tiny village but apparently does have a small shop so I'll have to check that out.


Food today:
Breakfast: all bran with peaches and strawberries


Lunch: A ham, LC and cucumber sandwich plus some cherry tomatoes and a small portion of chilled watermelon & red pepper soup in a thermos - chosen because I didn't know if there would be a microwave (there is - and an oven too, a first for an office I'm working in!)

P1070573 P1070574 P1070575

Dinner: Chinese takeaway because I was far too knackered to cook after my first day at work! Chicken in plum sauce, a little fried rice, a small portion of mixed vegetables, and a few chips.

P1070584
Snacks: A PhD diet whey protein bar for portability and 'I don't know if I have a fridge'; a Greek yoghurt that was supposed to be topped with seeds and nuts until I realised that this is a Nut free office so my almonds have had to be left in the car. I'll know from now on! I want to keep bringing Greek yoghurt so I'll have to think of something else to mix in - berries perhaps. Or honey. or (giggling slightly insanely in my head) chocolate M&Ms from the vending machine.... ;-)
Weight today: 10 st 1.5lbs (141.5 lbs)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good first day, glad it went well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That takeaway looks amazing. Why is it whenever I visit your blog, you make me hungry. The other day it was KFC and now chinese takeaway. If you guess my third favourite meal, I will eat my hat (why not... low in fat, high in fibre) :)

    ReplyDelete