Monday, 2 August 2010

Nutty Monday

I kept very busy with housework and chores all day today because I had to wait in for some work to be done. For once I didn’t feel like binging, so I guess that housework can be a decent distraction after all – plus I planned all day that I would go out for a walk after dinner. As it turned out I was completely unhungry at my usual dinner time, so I walked first. I spent most of the time trying to think of something that was more appealing than my planned dinner (without being too fattening or unhealthy) but I genuinely wasn’t hungry so nothing appealed to me, even when I was walking past takeaways and smelling lovely smells!

It was quite a nice evening after a fairly dull and overcast day, so I think I timed my walk quite well. I scrambled through fields and ducked under fences – well one fence anyway – and got quite breathless going up hill, so it felt pretty good!

P1070018 P1070019

Above is the highest points of the Severn Bridge above the trees – I always forget how close it is. They look too delicate to support the weight of hundreds of cars, lorries and people every day, don’t they?

P1070020

When I did get home I ended up just eating my planned meal. I still wasn’t very hungry, but I was starting to get that way so I knew if I didn’t eat something I’d wake up in the middle of the night starving and have to eat something or lie awake for ages. It was later than I like to eat, I’m superstitious about weigh ins after later meals! I haven’t drunk enough liquid today either because I kept forgetting then suddenly realising I felt actively thirsty – a fairly rare occurrence for me, and I believe I read somewhere that by the time you feel thirsty you’re already dehydrated, so I’ll probably be retaining water tomorrow as well – I have tried to rectify matters but I find that if I drink too fast it just sends me dashing to the bathroom, so it probably won’t have worked :-(

Do you remember that a few months ago I talked about doing a Nutrition course with the Open University? I registered last week and my information pack came through today – the course starts on September 1st – my birthday!!!

Food today:

Breakfast: all bran with strawberries and raspberries

P1070009

Lunch: Home-made salmon burgers with salad and fried potatoes

P1070013

Dinner: 10 bean & vegetable soup (last portion – and I’m not sorry about that!) with a sandwich of LC and red onion

P1070021

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with nuts & seeds (and some extra nuts later – this is why I wasn’t hungry for my dinner at the usual time I think. I also may have sickened myself of nuts);

 P1070011

a summer fruit smoothie with cookies & cream whey;

P1070014

and an apple

P1070012

followed by a mini babybel light

Weight: 10 st 2.25lbs (142.25 lbs)

4 comments:

  1. Very exciting about the nutrition course, looking forward to hearing about it all I would love to do something like that x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to hearing about the nutrition course, I almost signed up for one once, kind of wish I had now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting in on that course! And your walk is just beautiful - you can never have too many pics of blue skies with puffy clouds!

    I'd have changed my mind too on the soup - glad its gone! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking at various courses to take and nutrition sounds like a great idea. It's nice you have such lovely views on your walk. I find it hard to walk around the city with all the smog and grime but LOVE walking and hiking up north where the air is fresh and the views are breathtaking. Walk on ....

    ReplyDelete