Monday, 16 August 2010

Late again

I’m not feeling very blog-motivated these days – as I’m sure you’ve noticed from not only the more erratic timings of my posts, but also the less than inspired content (not that I’m claiming to be inspired the rest of the time). I think its because I’m not feeling very inspired by healthy living either – I’m still rather depressed – though better than I was before my trip to London – and rather lonely. I think I have cabin fever! But it makes me feel like I have nothing to write about except how miserable I am, which is not really where I went the blog to go. So please bear with me, and I’ll apologise in advance for the likelihood of missed days or boring depressed posts coming up in the near future.

I don’t like Sunday’s much at the best of times, they’re just so boring. I spent most of the day fairly aimlessly, which doesn’t help and is my own fault – I do feel better usually when I stay active, but depression just makes me apathetic and lazyier than usual, so I fall into a bit of a descending spiral. I did go for a walk into town in the morning.

P1070499 P1070500 P1070502 P1070505

Even this didn’t help my mood – in fact I’m starting to notice that while a walk is a really pleasant thing in a good mood, these days instead of cheering me up when I’m down it actually allows me to free up my mind to obsess on my problems and talk myself further down – even when the sun is shining, and yesterday was one of those days unfortunately, leading me to seek out a self-help book to read in the afternoon!

One thing I did do yesterday afternoon that felt productive was start trying to get into resistance work. I really wanted to join JAG’s Operation Butt-kick, but to be honest weights scare me (especially when I might be doing them while alone at home with no-one to rescue me if things go wrong)! We do however have a pull up bar in the house, so I’ve started using that for chin-ups, pull-ups and negative chin-ups in an effort to strengthen my arms – and according to M, I didn’t do too badly!

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches and raspberries

Lunch: Teriyaki Tempeh (yes, I decided to try it again – and still don’t really like it!!!) with a big stir fry

P1070506

Dinner: Home-made chicken and vegetable soup and a salad

P1070508

Snacks: Protein shake made with apple & mango juice and plain whey powder – much nicer than I expected,

P1070496

Greek yoghurt with summer berries,

P1070507

a natural superfood snack,

 P1070495

and while on my walk, a packet of mild cure smoked salmon.

P1070503 P1070504

I really was hungry, and I wanted something higher carb but I’m still trying to fight that so I thought this was a good compromise – and it was very tasty actually, would’ve been really nice on a salad.

Weight: 10 st 3.4lbs (143.4 lbs)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, don't worry about whether or not your posts seem boring or depressing. The whole point to blogging is to give you a voice on this massive interweb thingy.

    If you need to vent, go for it :)

    ReplyDelete