Sunday, 8 August 2010

Depressed (and late) Saturday

Sorry I’m late, but I struggled to find the motivation to blog yesterday. I don’t know why, other than the continuing failure to find a job leading to cabin fever – just spending too much time alone with too little to do – but I am getting very down these days. Yesterday I actually did decide to have a (smaller) binge to cheer myself up. In the end, I didn’t eat everything I bought for this but not because I felt more cheerful, just because I reached such a depth of apathy I couldn’t be bothered to fetch the rest of the food from the drawer I’d stored it in.

I have to be honest, my weight is quite happy right now and I’m not hating the sight in the mirror as much as I sometimes do, but I do not feel healthy at the moment at all. I apologise for feeling so sorry for myself right now (no I don’t, but I do apologise for inflicting my self-pity on you) but I just can’t seem to get myself out of this slump right now…

The weather was grey and grim all day, which never improves my mood, and I had a pounding headache in the morning so I actually spent most  of the morning in bed. Of course as soon as I took my painkillers and lay down one of our neighbours started mowing the lawn, so I had to use ear-plugs, and found it harder to relax as a result. I didn’t train or go for a walk, which may not have been the best idea as it usually does cheer me up to get some fresh air and exercise.

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches, raspberries & strawberries

Lunch: The second half of the vegetarian Hot Tamale pie I made last week with a salad

 P1070061

Dinner: Chilled watermelon soup and a sandwich of oat beer bread (turned out really well despite my forgetting the sugar) with LC and wafer thin chicken

 P1070057 P1070058 P1070065

Snacks: Multigrain flakes soaked in soya milk with cookies & cream whey;

P1070059

A sultana scone with Greek yoghurt and strawberry jam

P1070062

And some dried fruit mix that I bought specifically to binge on. However I didn’t eat the whole bag, and I didn’t touch the Green & Black’s butterscotch chocolate bar I also bought; and I put the cheesecake that I almost bought back on the shelf…

Weight: 10 st 1.4lbs

1 comment:

  1. The current job market is awful. Sorry you're having such a hard time, I'm hoping things start looking up soon too!

    ReplyDelete