Sunday, 22 August 2010

A big walk in the sunshine

I can’t believe how sunny and lovely its been today – when yesterday we had not just rain but even a little thunder as well!

to make the most of the lovely weather I walked to Chepstow this morning for a coffee and snack and some shopping.

On the way I saw my friend the cow dog…

P1070599

She was very pleased to see me!

And lots of sunshine, blue skies, and cows!

P1070597 P1070598

I really enjoyed the walk on the way, and my coffee break was great, but I felt strangely knackered and heavy as lead as I headed back home again – not just carrying a heavy bag, but also my legs and body just felt heavy and tired, and I had to just slog along for a bit till it wore off. I think I was dehydrated, because I did start feeling better once I drank some water. Its not a great feeling when you know that you’re 4 miles from home!

Food today:

Breakfast: multigrain porridge cooked with soya milk, banana, raisins and egg whites. I’ve never added egg whites to porridge before but I’ve seen it on the web so I felt like giving it a shot, as I had an open bottle in the fridge. It was good, and certainly added volume, but not as filling as I’d hoped!

P1070591

Lunch: A salad of fresh spinach topped with roasted vegetables and feta cheese

P1070601

Followed by a small slice of yesterday’s chocolate tart. The rest is still in the fridge so if M doesn’t eat it tonight I’ll toss it for safety!

P1070602

Dinner: Pork fillet medallions cooked in a gravy made with beef stock, gravy granules for thickness, and mango chutney for sweetness. With mash (bought from Tesco – I don’t do mash!) and vegetables

P1070606

Snacks: A protein bar

P1070592

and some skinny granola topped yoghurt with fruit (plus a skinny caramel frappe) at Coffee #1. I was mildly embarrassed when I ordered my frappe because I only noticed after I’d ordered that it was supposed to come with whipped cream – and I was asking for ‘skinny’!!! Luckily while I was trying to decide if I had the nerve to ask for it without cream, the barista asked me if I still wanted it (the cream), so I could admit that mistake and get it with just foam!

P1070600

Weight: 10 st 3.4lbs (143.3 lbs) – a step in the right direction from yesterday’s weigh in, but still higher than I like to be honest!

Before I forget, I’ve just added myself to the Healthy Living Blogs list. I know you’ll probably have read about it (some of you may have come here because of it – in which case, Hi, welcome, nice to see you!) but just in case you haven’t:

Healthy Living Blogs is a new resource for the health blogging community. Created by Lindsey of Sound Eats, HLB is a site designed to enhance the positive community of the healthy living blog world. Bloggers and readers can explore the site and find more blogs to love, bloggers in their area, and forums to deepen healthy discussion and support. If you’re interested in having your site listed on HLB, simply send the following information tohealthylivingblogs@gmail.com and check the site out for yourself!

  • Email subject line: MEMBERS

  • Your name (please share if you prefer to go by first name, first and last, or however you prefer to be known on the Internet)

  • Blog Name

  • Blog URL (please start with http://, not www.)

  • Your twitter handle, if applicable

  • Your location (if you prefer not to disclose this information for privacy’s sake, that is completely understandable. We’ll simply include your blog listing in the A-Z listing, not by location, too)

  • Any specific labels (i.e. vegan, gluten-free, weight loss, running, etc.)

Looks like a great way to find new blogs to me!

2 comments:

  1. The tart looks as good today as it did yesterday. Yummy!

    Enjoy the remainder of your weekend. Monday comes early :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of that tart! Nommm :-)

    ReplyDelete