Friday, 13 August 2010

Barbecue Friday

M asked for a barbecue today so I walked into town to buy a bucket load of meat and fish for him plus a tuna steak for me. It wasn’t the nicest day, very grey and overcast, and in fact at the end of the barbecue it started drizzling annoyingly.

I’ve decided to try to go lower carb for the next week – starting tomorrow.  Hopefully longer than a week, but baby steps… Please call me on it if I tell you I’ve had cake / scones / biscuits! Fruit is fine, vegetables are fine, and I will include some wholegrain cereals as well, but I’m trying to cut out the refined stuff. I’m sick of craving that crap, and feeling bad when I eat it – physically and emotionally - so I want to see if I can go without it for a while (hopefully without going insane and binging all over the place)

Food today:

Breakfast: Multigrain cereal with semi-skimmed milk, cookies & cream whey and psyllium husks soaked over night; with Greek yoghurt and strawberries added this morning.

P1070479

Lunch: Instant miso soup from a packet and a salad with feta cheese.

P1070485

P1070484

Dinner: Barbecue consisting of a coley fillet, a tuna steak, aubergine, courgette, peppers, mushrooms, corn and halloumi cheese.

P1070487

Snacks: A protein spirulina ball and a protein shake, and a handful of macadamia nuts

P1070480

P1070486

Weight 10 st 5.5lbs (145.5 lbs) – ouch! Actually, could be worse all things considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment