Saturday, 24 July 2010

Quiet Saturday

Not much happened today. I walked into town this morning, a rather humid and sticky day but not very sunny

P1060901

P1060904

I was relatively happy with my weigh in this morning, given the amount I ate while I was away. I am temporarily much more in the mood for healthy foods and lots of salads and vegetables – not necessarily very exciting for you to read about, but I’m making the most of it while it lasts!

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches and raspberries

P1060900

Lunch: Big (rather disappointing) stir fry with tofu marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, dried red chilli, sesame oil, rice vinegar and garlic

P1060907

Dinner: A huge salad with shelled edamame, sweetcorn and feta cheese, with a chilled soup that was not disappointing AT ALL – 2 grilled red peppers blitzed in the blender with a red chilli, some red wine vinegar, a few basil leaves, one clove of garlic, seasoning – and a huge amount of watermelon! Topped with a garnish of basil leaves and feta crumbles that instantly sank to the bottom ;-)  It was a lovely blend of sweet and spicy, and refreshing with it! I got the recipe from a book, so I’m afraid I can’t provide it in full.

P1060908 P1060909

Snacks: A large serving of Greek yoghurt topped with a mixture of raw nuts and seeds

P1060906

and a babybel light cheese

Weight today: 10 st 5.4lbs – about 2 lbs more than before I went to London (145.4 lbs)

4 comments:

  1. Yummy yogurt and nuts! And spotted horses.. Two pounds is nothing - it will be gone in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Roxie, the Greek yoghurt looks great.

    Let me tell you, going to the city and only gaining two pounds is an achievement in itself. You have to have a little time "off duty", so to speak, every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting soup! I will post recipes from books as long as I give full credit from where they came from, I think that's okay then!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tofu looks delish to me! Your walking pictures look great :-)

    ReplyDelete