Friday, 2 July 2010

Hello everybody

I’m back! Lets just pretend the last week didn’t happen, OK? That way I don’t have to try to remember all my food (that I kept forgetting to photograph) and you don’t have to sit there wishing I hadn’t included so many pictures.

I feel a lot more myself today, and I’m not entirely sure why.

Last Friday I was fine till the evening, when something snapped and the red mist came down…

Over the weekend I binged twice, and didn’t even really try to fight it, though I did stay as active as I could as well.

On Monday I decided not to calorie count for a week, but simply to log a list of food eaten. That seemed to help me stop being so crazy, but it also contributed to me deciding not to post and not to remember to photograph my food. So for the next week I’m going to try continuing to record food without calorie counts, remember to photograph the evidence, and post here for accountability. I’m also going to continue weighing daily, as I did all last week.

On Monday my post binge weight was about 10 st 7lbs (147 lbs) – higher than when I got back from my cruise!

Today its 10 st 4lbs (144 lbs). Still  at the very top of my happy weight range, but much more acceptable to me!

NSV: On Wednesday I had to dust off one of my suits for a day of (ultimately unsuccessful – I think) interviews. As an act of self-torture I picked my favourite trouser suit to try on, knowing full well that when I was last working it was uncomfortable at anything over 142 lbs and pretty much unwearable over 144lbs (I was definitely weighing in above 145 that day). It fit and was comfortable and I ended up wearing it for about 12 hours in total, I think due to a combination of my shape changing since last year and the fact that I was still carrying around waste weight rather than having actually gained those pounds.

While I was gone from the blog I spent 2 or 3 days looking for new cross country routes to get places without walking on the roads. I kept getting lost or getting it wrong. Wrong = not getting to the intended destination at all (this happened once) or getting there via a ridiculously unusable route (this happened twice and usually involved my having to lie down on the ground to squeeze under barbed wire fences while being bitten by horseflies / stung by nettles/ stabbed by thistles and/or brambles). The search continues…

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches and strawberries (there is cereal AND soya milk under the fruit in there, honestly!)

P1060316

Lunch: A kind of veggie lasagne. I replaced the pasta with my very low calorie Mountain Bread wraps from Whole Foods Market, and layered the wrap with vegetables cooked in a foil package on the barbecue (mixed with a bottled pasta sauce) and a mixture of ricotta cheese and spinach. Topped with a sprinkle of mozzarella, served with a salad and roasted potato slices. I have to say this was very delicious and not at all many calories. Obviously not as substantial as a proper lasagne with pasta sheets, but the wrap only had 70 calories altogether

 P1060323

Dinner: A wrap stuffed with ricotta, grated carrot and walnut pieces,  and a wrap spread with houmous and stuffed with carrots and bell peppers.

P1060327 

Snacks: Some dried fruit (Waitrose orchard mix)

2 comments:

  1. Your veggie lasagne looks delicious! At least you've dropped those 3 lbs, I'm sure your weight will drop back down soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to second Laura that veggie lasagne looks great! And about the weight thing, you have probably gained muscle and lost size so try not to worry :-)

    ReplyDelete