Friday, 23 July 2010

Friday

My sun burn from earlier in the week has become an actual tan. I guess that’s one good thing about the aging process – when I was a teenager burning like that would have me still bright red except where it was peeling by now. However its very clear that my usual walking outfit consists of jeans (legs = fish belly white) and a t-shirt with a V-neck – only my face and a triangle on my chest are tanned! Don’t worry by the way, I do know that getting sunburned is not a good way to get a tan, despite the evidence to the contrary, I just have a problem with remembering that the British sun is as capable of producing that effect as the Caribbean / Mediterranean sun!

This morning my Dad phoned to say my uncle was visiting them from up north. I haven’t seen him for years, so I was quite pleased that he wanted to come over and see me. He’d never met M before! He was nice enough to say nice things about my weight loss, and their visit  distracted me so that I didn’t even think to have a morning snack! It was great to catch up and chat for a while.

In the afternoon I walked into town to get some food for a BBQ for M this evening. I actually was craving salad but as I was BBQing anyway, I decided to cook some vegetables for myself on the BBQ instead.

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches

Lunch: A big ass salad with feta cheese, peppers and a grilled LC and red onion sandwich in Nimble diet bread.

P1060898

Dinner: Another big ass salad, but this one was made of peppers, mushrooms, red onion, aubergine & courgette cooked in foil on the BBQ, with grilled asparagus, corn on the cob, and smoked trout.

P1060899

Snacks: Nope. None. Not a one. No snacks here…

1 comment:

  1. The smoked trout looks divine! Glad you had a good visit with your Uncle....

    ReplyDelete