Tuesday, 27 July 2010

Fishy Tuesday

Spent today waiting in again, for once I didn’t find this too frustrating. Probably because it wasn’t just humid and overcast, but kept raining as well. It brightened up later so I decided to keep my walk for the evening. I had at that point already spent 46 minutes (including warm up and cool down) on the exercise bike, and must have been working harder than usual because my legs started shaking after I got off!

I just got back from my walk into town. It got a lot hotter and more humid again while I was out, unfortunately! It was still nice to get out and about though, I did a little more exploring in the local fields and saw some reasons to feel less regret that the embankment is so overgrown…

P1060957 P1060959 P1060960 P1060963

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches and raspberries

Lunch: A new soup with Waitrose 10 bean mix plus lots of vegetables; served with an LC and tomato toasted sandwich

P1060948

Dinner: Salmon fillet, sweet potato and fennel bulb all cooked in the slow cooker with peas and corn and a few defrosted prawns to boost my protein for the day

P1060953

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with seeds and nuts;

P1060947

And a porridge made with rolled oats, spelt, rye, barley, brown rice, wheat and buckwheat flakes (all the flakes were bought in tiny quantities from Whole Foods Market last week so I could try this) and soya milk, with plain whey protein and Linwoods Flaxseeds with Cocoa and Berries stirred in afterwards.

P1060950

P1060949

This was enjoyably chewy but tasted very bland and I added some yoghurt after a bit to make it creamier

P1060951 P1060952

Weight today: 10 st 4lbs (144 lbs)

1 comment:

  1. Wales looks very much like Washington state with the butterfly bushes and the blackberry vines. Do they overgrow the area?

    I haven't seen anything here like your flax cocoa and berries. Looks interesting. Speaking of which, I must add flax to my grocery list. I used the last of it this morning.

    Texture preferences are really individual, aren't they? I prefer my porridge with a bit of tooth to it, rather than creamy :-)

    ReplyDelete