Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Energetic!

This morning I was waiting in for a delivery again, so decided to train earlyish. I started out with a 40 min elliptical session and as my knee didn’t seem to mind it today, I followed that with another session – 20 min HIIT program – a couple of hours later. My delivery came, and the weather was looking a bit better, so I had my lunch and then walked into town with my rucksack. It wasn’t actually that pleasant weather-wise, being overcast and less warm yet still very humid (it rained briefly right after I got home). But as usual when I force my lazy bones to be a bit more active, I feel pretty good right now! Tired – I think my body would complain if I decided to do any more exercise today – but more myself and happier than the last few days!

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with an over-ripe nectarine and strawberries, with vanilla Rice Dream rice milk – first time trying it! I bought 4 litres of the stuff for the normal price of 1 litre, and luckily I don’t mind it but it doesn’t measure up to soya milk (not so far anyway) for me. In particular it has almost no protein in it, and though I’m not entirely convinced that protein is the be-all and end-all when it comes to satiety (I think for me fibre PLUS protein is the magic combination) I do feel I didn’t find breakfast quite as satisfying as normal today. One to monitor I feel…

P1060583

Lunch: A portion of chilli con carne that was originally made for M, but then hijacked by me. Plus some buckwheat simmered in vegetable stock, a dollop of Greek yoghurt, and a salad. I added a couple of crackers to scoop with (tortilla chips are better!) and (after taking the picture) a couple of slices of rather brown avocado.

P1060585

Dinner: A portion of soup dug out of the depths of the freezer with home-made buckwheat bread and LC. I’m not sure what exact soup it was but I think its red lentil and vegetable. I added a couple of Quorn frankfurters and some peas to bulk it up.

P1060587

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with grape nuts and summer berries;

P1060584

and a green monster smoothie topped with chia seeds. And it was GREEN! Made with vanilla rice dream, cookies & cream whey, frozen banana and lots of spinach.

Weight today: 143.4lbs (10 st 3.4 lbs)

No comments:

Post a Comment