Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Can’t think of a title today (like I usually come up with titles… labels more like!)

First I’d like to say thanks to Bearfriend for giving me the Mind blowing Blog Award!

mindblowingblogaward

You cheered me up when I was feeling a bit post-holiday blah! I will pass it on to 5 more blogs just as soon as I can figure out how to choose just 5 – and 5 that haven’t already had it if possible!

I don’t have a great deal to say about today. I went for a walk this morning and saw the beautiful cygnets again. They were hiding in the grass…

P1060142

Being diligently protected by their Mum & Dad (not sure if you can see them off to the right side of the picture below!):

P1060141

I still haven’t caught up with blog reading from my holiday so if anyone is feeling like I’m ignoring them I’m sorry – I am slowly ploughing my way through but  people just keep adding more and more posts! Plus I’m stepping up my job hunt again and I’ve also started some non-blog writing (at far too early a stage to talk about yet) so I don’t have as much time as an unemployed person should have. but I still love you all and won’t abandon you!!!

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with strawberries and raisins. I know this looks like a rut, but it feels like coming home ;-) (I actually could have eaten all bran every day on holiday, but there were no strawberries so I didn’t even think about it…)

Lunch: A bit trashy. Although I’m struggling a bit with my appetite as I try to get used to eating real portions again (and try to get used to not have 15 desserts after lunch every day – then another after dinner ;-) ) I have much less interest in food and cooking than normally. Lunch today was supposed to be home-made black bean burgers (the black beans were cooked overnight in the slow cooker ready) but I actually FORGOT to make the burgers the night before and they still really need an overnight chill in the fridge to stiffen the mixture a bit, so I just defrosted a Weight Watchers quiche and had a salad and a hard boiled egg with it. It was Ok, nothing special and I left a lot of the crust. But then had a scone from Waitrose with a little cottage cheese and strawberry jam…

P1060146 P1060147

Dinner: A cold salad of millet with black beans, defrosted sweetcorn, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, green pepper and some salsa to moisten it slightly. Quite good, not exceptional, 3 more portions left… with grilled vegetables and the rest of the pak of Cauldron marinated tofu pieces from Saturday. Tasty but a bit random and a bit dry :-(

P1060148

Snacks: I was supposed to have a protein smoothie but ate a ton of dried fruit instead (question: could this have something to do with my upset stomach today? Hmmmmm). Also a small amount of cottage cheese layered with strawberry jam.

P1060131 

ETA I truthfully forgot to mention that I also ate 2 servings of these lovely biscuits:

P1060149

Weight: 10 st 3.5lbs (143.5lbs).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. Glad to have cheered you up!

    Those cygnets are so cutie. I STILL haven't been down to the river to see if there are any little ones around here. I MUST try to get down there this week - they'll be all grown up if I leave it any longer!

    I notice those biscuits are reduced. Always a problem for me - I feel COMPELLED to buy things which are reduced whenever possible. Not from lack of cash but simply that's the way I was brought up. It's 80% of the time a rum deal for my body to buy reduced stuff!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete