Friday, 28 May 2010

Veggie barbecue day!

After talking about my intention to build a new ‘training in the morning’ habit yesterday, I quite literally forgot all about it this morning – until after I’d had my whole breakfast and was far too stuffed to use the gym. I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night, but if I’d remembered I would’ve done my best to train anyway since it seems to energise my sleepy body when I do. Ah well…

Another bright and beautiful day here today – but cooler, thank god! I walked into town this morning with a gentle breeze and blue skies for company.  And an energetic, nervous squirrel (is there any other kind???)

P1050179

Much more pleasant than it has been lately, I didn’t arrive home feeling sweaty and disgusting!

I had decided to have another attempt at barbecuing again today. I persuaded M not to use quite so much charcoal this time, and though there was plenty of heat being given off I managed to create a meal that may have had the odd ‘char-grilled’ spot, but avoided the blackened effect of last week. I feel vindicated – I am not used to burning anything I cook!

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with blueberries and sprouted wheat bread with LC and jam

P1050175

Lunch: Curried butternut and apple soup with bread & LC

P1050180-1

Dinner: BBQ!!! I decided to keep on making the most of the weather with another BBQ – but this time I had no meat at all – and it was delicious as well as feeling altogether more healthy! I had a quorn beef and sweet onion-style burger (in a wholemeal English muffin), a Quorn Sizzling banger, an ear of corn, a skewer of halloumi & red onion (halloumi marinated in Nando’s extra hot peri peri sauce), a portobello mushroom (also marinated in Nando’s) and a variety of plain grilled veggies. It was huge, and I couldn’t eat it all! Which is fine – lovely leftovers! Though next time I’ll cut the bread down / out!

P1050182

Snacks: Protein smoothie, bag of We Are Bear granola, popcorn and edamame

P1050181

Weight today: 10 st 0.5lbs (140.5 lbs)

Technorati Tags: ,

3 comments:

  1. I am intrigued about the butternut apple/curry soup! Did you make it? I'll have to do a quick search!

    Happy Friday! I'll add you to my blogroll so I can find you again - thanks for having me on yours! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie. I'm very much enjoying the cooler weather too! And to think people actually PAY to go and spend a fortnight in the heat!

    Looks like a great healthy BBQ.

    Hope you had a better nights sleep last night.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your BBQ plate looks gorgeous! I'm going to have to try some halloumi, never had it before but it looks good!

    ReplyDelete