Sunday, 2 May 2010

Typical Bank Holiday weekend Sunday

Horrible day! And when I tried to replace walking with a stint on the elliptical walker this morning I only lasted about 8 minutes before a banging headache drove me off the machine and into the medicine cabinet! 2 ibuprofen and a hot bath later the headache is gone but so is the urge to train :-(.

Instead, we spent the afternoon finishing off series 1 of Mad Men followed by Dr Who and now sticking with the sci-fi genre for a TV night in ;-) We’re watching Stargate: Universe right now, and I have just one question: Why? Don’t get me wrong, its watchable enough, but compared to Stargate: SG1 and Stargate: Atlantis, it just isn’t in the same class…

Food today:

Breakfast: Chocolate slow cooked oats (they were cooked in the slow cooker overnight with chocolate oat milk, then mixed with a little more oat milk and some chocolate whey powder) topped with some ‘almond butter’ – ground almonds bought at Whole Foods Market. I love these, and got some pistachio as well, but its really too grainy and firm to qualify as nut butter because there’s nothing – literally nothing – added, no salt, sugar or fat to loosen the texture. It also doesn’t really melt!

P1040753

Lunch: 2 home-made black bean burgers (topped with a sliced up mini babybel light) with a monster salad

 P1040755

Dinner: Leek & potato soup and a wrap with LC and salad

 P1040757

Snacks: All bran with peaches; a new ‘Superfood’ snack also from Whole Foods – very tasty! Sorry about the rubbish photo, it looked just like a large ball of dark chocolate!

P1040754

And a protein smoothie

 P1040756

Weight today: 10 st (140lbs) exactly – the lowest weight I’ve seen since just before I got married, I think! Weird… and probably just a strange blip on the scales!!! My calorie consumption doesn’t really justify it, that’s for sure…

4 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissie. Sorry about that nasty headache. At least you managed to get rid of it. And it sounds like you had a fun lazy day on the sofa with M.

    I love choccie porridge! Ground almonds are quite dry. I used to like adding them to cherry yoghurt - a good contrast. GAs also go well in cheese sauces.

    Wow! Great on your weight. So nice to get a pleasant surprise!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about Stargate Universe, I watched the first few episodes then gave up on it! Like you said, just not the same as the other stargate series x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I must try slow cooked porrige! I haven't used my slow cooker for absolutely ages and never for anything sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chocolate porridge looks great! Congrats on your low weigh in!

    ReplyDelete