Sunday, 9 May 2010

Treating myself

I walked into Chepstow this morning. I think I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I fancied a tarte au citron from Coffee #1, but that i hadn’t bought one because I got there at 9:30am and just couldn’t face it. Well, I went in too early again this morning, but decided the time had come to let myself enjoy my treat at last! So I bought one – to go, and brought it home to eat at a more civilised time! Why it took so long to think of doing that I do not know!

My walk was pretty grey and chilly (though the sun came out after I got home). I was feeling a bit lack lustre and lacking in energy for most of the walk back, and didn’t enjoy that so much. I made it though, and felt very glad of the exercise when I got back, but I wish I could sort out my sleeping patterns these days – I keep waking up at 1 am, lying awake for ages, and not really getting fully asleep again after that, which is leaving me feeling rather unenergetic most of the time. Sorry to complain, but it does make me a little down, especially as I still want to incorporate more high intensity exercise into my life and just don’t have the energy to feel like it.

Food today:

Breakfast: Overnight oats in a Jar. Oatbran, vanilla whey, soya milk & Greek yoghurt in a nearly empty jar of crunchy peanut butter to be precise! After leaving that lot soaking overnight I added a snack pack of raisins this morning. It was delicious and quite filling as well!

Lunch: A massive vegetable stir fry with millet and tofu marinated in hoisin-chilli marinade

P1040873

Dinner: Slow cooker sweetcorn chowder, served with LC, red onion and tomato in a  toasted sandwich

P1040875

Snacks: A Nak’d banana bread bar and a tarte au citron!! Like a million happy lemons dancing in my mouth!!!

P1040874

Weight: 9 st 13.5lbs (139.5 lbs)

3 comments:

  1. Yummy lemon tart! I love all things lemon. I hope your sleep issues right themselves soon. It's hard to keep things shipshape when sleep is being hard to come by. This I know from personal experience.

    May you sleep well tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie. You lunch, as ever, looks like something served in a good restaurant - beautifully arranged!

    Love your description of the lemon tart!

    Many moons ago one of my favourite soups used to be salmon chowder. I used tinned salmon, plenty of thinly sliced celery and sweetcorn of course. It was ultra filling and very healthful.

    Hope you managed to get a better nights sleep.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm...lemon tart! I can only imagine how gorgeous it was!

    ReplyDelete