Saturday, 15 May 2010

Moving on

Time to detox from the chocolate overload of yesterday! Or so a sane person would think…

When I made the fudge frosting for the brownies I was fairly sparing in the application because I didn’t want it to overpower the brownies themselves – which meant I had a bucket load of extra frosting left.  I dipped a few frozen banana slices into the frosting and put them back into the freezer; then today I got a small punnet of strawberries and frosted them; then I tried an apple (it wouldn’t stick to the apple)… when I started thinking about getting ice-cream and thinning down the frosting to make a fudge sauce, or seeing if it worked as a spread for toast, or even just grabbing a spoon, I decided I had better take some steps! So, I took the bowl to the fridge, squirted in some washing up liquid and turned on the tap. And though the banana is gone (it really was only 4 slices) and I tried a strawberry (absolutely amazing!!!) I don’t regret it. Much. No, really. Although… it was really good frosting!!!

The family were up and ready to leave by about 8 this morning. I gave my MiL the last wedge of brownie as she didn’t manage any last night, so that got that out of the house. Then I headed out on a walk towards Chepstow, but stopping at a garden centre along the way. It was an absolutely gorgeous day!

P1040933

I’d hoped to buy some salad sprouts, but they didn’t have any sadly. Ditto kale. I did buy a small bottle of yummy raspberry balsamic vinegar for the next salad though! And some cake decorating supplies because at some point I plan on making the cupcakes that got shelved on Thursday – so watch this space!!!

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with strawberries and sprouted wheat bread with cottage cheese & jam.

P1040930

Lunch: Millet with cowboy beans and grilled asparagus & broccoli. Never grilled broccoli before, and it was nice!!!

P1040936

Dinner: Split pea soup with a mountain bread rye wrap containing 4 crumbled falafels left over from yesterday, some caramelised onion houmous and a little salad.

P1040938

P1040939 P1040940

Snacks: A big fruit salad (well, melon and grapes) topped with natural Rachel’s pouring yoghurt; a bag of apple crisps

 P1040937P1040934

P1040941

Weight: 10 st 2.4lbs

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. I was really worried there for a second! Frosting on toast ....

    So glad you did the old washing up liquid trick with it.

    I had a wrap containing falafel and humous for my evening meal. But as for the rest of my eating this evening ...

    Love that cheeky pic of a strawberry nestling in chocolate!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete