Sunday, 23 May 2010

The morning after the meat fest

Next time I barbecue I’m going to base the amount of meat I eat on how I’ve been eating in the run up. I had stomach ache last night, and though I was way over on my calories, most of the reason was eating very energy dense foods, so it wasn’t down to stuffing myself stupid a la binge monster!  It may have been the creamy sugariness of the ice-cream I suppose… I don’t know how long it takes your body to stop being used to eating meat when you cut it out / right down. The combination of everything I ate yesterday clearly didn’t agree with me!

I had a beautiful walk into town this morning. it was glorious sunshine again, I had sunscreen on and was wearing shorts instead of jeans – so I felt like I was on holiday, rather than baking to death in the hottest ring of hell! Oh yes, and I remembered to take some water too! I also met 2 lovely dogs (didn’t get photos because I felt awkward asking their owners if they minded) but they were 2 year old huskies, a male who accepted attention as his due, and a female who leaned on my leg then rolled on her back for a tummy rub! Made my day as I didn’t get to see my usual canine friend!

I didn’t get many interesting photos but I took these because I like the patterns and contrast of the branches silhouetted against the lovely blue sky.

P1050074 P1050075

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with strawberries and toast with LC and jam

P1050065 P1050066

Lunch: Cowboy beans with quinoa and roasted vegetables

P1050077

Dinner: Chunky vegetable soup with toast & LC (this bowl * 2)

P1050079

Snacks: Peanut butter flavour Clif bar; some peanut butter; a glass of fresh juice (orange, grapefruit, apple, carrot & cucumber) and a protein smoothie (to which I added the pulp from the juicing process – but it wasn’t very good so I threw maybe 30% of it away)

P1050067 P1050068 P1050076 P1050078

Weight today: 10 st 3.4lbs (143.4lbs) Ouch! But despite what I said yesterday, I actually do prefer to weigh after pigging out – it makes me more comfortable with the pigging if I don’t act like I’m ashamed of it! I know I didn’t eat that many calories (though definitely way over) so I doesn’t bother me (ok, doesn’t bother me much – I’m not THAT healthy yet!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. Great photos - Yes I love the patterns of branches too!

    I know just what you mean about too much meat. I can't take very much of it myself. Maybe the charring was a little too much on some of it and that contributed? Burnt food is quite bad for you -carcinogenic apart from anything else.

    Your food today looks exactly like what I used to eat before I had a breakdown. I used to cook my own soup with a ton of veg in it, and my main meal was always bean based for protein.

    Those were the days!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete