Friday, 21 May 2010

I AM AN IDIOT

Really, really, really, I am.

Yesterday I mentioned that I hadn’t had any kind of rest day for about 2 weeks and had the sense to ease back a bit – though I’d already been out with my rucksack before I realised. I knew I had an appointment at the opticians today, and I even decided that I would drive into Chepstow for a combined shopping and eye test trip so that today would be that rest day.

So how did it happen that I drove to Tesco at 7:30 am and then walked into Chepstow? And did so with no water (over an hour in temperatures of about 22 degrees) and no sun screen… gah. Idiot, like I said.

I arrived in Chepstow baking hot, sweating profusely and already knackered. I basically inhaled a Solero ice-cream lolly (no picture because I was in too much of a hurry!) before my appointment.

I need new glasses, which was expected but depressing as I hate trying to picture myself in new frames. I took ages to find a good enough pair, and by then it was lunchtime. I did have enough sense to go into Wetherspoons for lunch anyway!

Then I headed home, with an empty rucksack (I had been planning to go to the library but that seemed like a bad idea) and a bottle of water. Sunscreen? Nope, still no sunscreen. I think I burned the back of my neck again.  Grrr.

By the time I got home I was seriously flagging and dehydrated, so I gulped a bottle of water and fell into a coolish bath for an hour or so. Feeling OK now, but not very impressed with the way I spent my day today…

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with strawberries and toast with LC and jam

Lunch: Chick pea and roasted vegetable cous cous with a flatbread and balsamic vinegar dressing

P1050055

Dinner: Curried butternut and apple soup with a sandwich thickly spread with caramelised onion houmous and stuffed with grilled vegetables

P1050057

Snacks: Protein PB & J porridge; Solero; wasabi peas & chilli cashews

P1050051 P1050052

Weight: 10 st (140 lbs)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. I've been having to wear factor 50 since April. I burn easily so it's cream plus a sunshade at this time of year. Really hope you're not in pain with it tonight.

    Very nice looking Wetherspoons dish there. I still haven't been there with the Bear since the new menu came out. The lure of the fish and chip has proved too great for him!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete