Monday, 24 May 2010

Bloody hell it’s hot

So I haven’t been for a walk today – except to the Post office, which was just far enough to enjoy a little sun and not far enough to start sweating! I did however get some sweating done indoors, with a 40 minutes Elliptical program and a 20 min session with Jillian – I brought out the 30 day shred again! As I haven’t been beavering away at it since I last mentioned it I did Workout 1 again. I cheated slightly on one exercise – because my left ankle was a bit uncomfortable – but otherwise finished it despite being a big slacker. Then I lay down on the floor to watch workout 2 because I haven’t tried it yet, and actually nodded off a few times! Most of what I was awake for I think I could give a go, but the walking push ups looked a little scary. I was feeling too knackered to try any of it today though.

I did have to do some housework today. I hate it even more when its boiling hot, so I was thinking longingly of the air con in my condo in Dallas while I vacuumed! I also put 2 loads of laundry out on the line in the garden. I do love being able to put clothes outside to dry – they smell so clean and fresh, it’s the smell of summer to me (that and newly mowed grass, so long as someone else mowed it!)

As I didn’t go for a walk I spent a little while going round the garden photographing some of my blooming plants…

P1050083

 P1050087 P1050088 P1050089 P1050090 P1050098 P1050099 P1050101 P1050103  P1050105

Nice to see some colour!

Food today:

Breakfast: Cottage cheese griddle cakes with buried under lots of summer fruit

 P1050080

Lunch: A massive fried rice with my lentil sprouts and smoked tofu with almonds and sesame seeds – thanks for the tip, Laura, the tofu was really nice!  I’m looking forward to the other half of the block!

 P1050081

Followed by a bowl of cottage cheese with reduced sugar strawberry jam (and I broke the bowl loading the dishwasher :-( )

P1050082

Dinner: A soup combining yesterday’s left over chunky soup with my butternut apple soup. Not perhaps the best pairing ever, but it was certainly different! Also a huge salad with feta cheese and steamed frozen soya beans, all drizzled lightly with raspberry balsamic vinegar – no oil.

 P1050106

Snacks: Protein smoothie and all bran with strawberries. Also some peanut butter and a couple of frozen grapes. I have to be honest – I didn’t sleep well, I did train hard, and I am a little depressed that the excess weight from Saturday isn’t moving on and out as fast as I’d like – so I have been looking for extra food to eat all day long – which is the other reason I didn’t go out today, I didn’t trust myself near the goodies in Waitrose. I haven’t fallen very hard so far, but I may need an early night to keep it at bay.

Weight: 10 st 2.4lbs (142.4 lbs)

3 comments:

  1. Glad you liked that tofu! I was really impressed with it, I'm going to have to make a special trip to the Waitrose in Newcastle to be able to stock up on it! I'm going to try it out in a salad next time I think x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still sore from Jillian kicking my ass last Friday (live). She is brutal.

    I love all the garden photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissie. The heat has been killing me - and it's only a fraction cooler here today.

    Lovely to see pics of your garden. It looks really pretty.

    Hope you got a good nights sleep. I've slept badly the last couple of nights, so I need one too!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete