Tuesday, 6 April 2010

Still feeling a bit down

And weirdly, slightly repulsed by food. Not used to feeling that way, and I’m making sure I eat anyway, but it is an odd way for me to feel. It’s also extended to losing interest in food preparation and cooking. :-( I guess I’ll owe you all an apology for being whingy AND eating boring food….

Its a fairly bright sunny day today, and I had an OK walk into town this morning to return some library books and get some shopping. If it hadn’t been for the fact that I needed some stuff from Waitrose I might have gone for a new (or slightly less old anyway) walk, but there you go. I was quite pleased to find that the Tuesday market has added an Italian baker to its ranks; he had samples of several loaves out on his stall, and even though I’m nowhere near eating all my own baked bread I couldn’t resist buying a loaf of seven grain bread – that wasn’t repulsive anyway! The evil baker slipped a pack of 4 free hot cross buns in the bag as well – luckily I’m seeing my Mum tomorrow and she’s agreed to take them off my hands.

Food today:

Breakfast: A low fibre cooked breakfast to hopefully help fix my stomach issues, which are still very much in evidence today

P1040043

Lunch: Chicken, spinach & mushroom lasagne made with my home-made lasagne sheets, served with grilled carrots, butternut squash and asparagus

P1040044

Dinner: Hot and sour soup cooked in the slow cooker. I haven’t tried this before and was unsure if I would like it beforehand, but given that I don’t much care for food at the moment I decided now was a good time to try it  out – no real pressure for success! With the seven grain bread I bought this morning (which is gorgeous, even in my current mood):

 P1040045

The soup was good and definitely met the description of Hot and Sour, but I think I’d prefer to switch out the vegetables – carrots instead of mushrooms for one thing, maybe adding some spinach or pak choi…

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with honey and grape nuts and a protein smoothie

Weight today: Entirely inaccurate and irrelevant given that everything I ate yesterday (and possibly the day before) went through me at the speed of light and therefore I was both empty and dehydrated. I wouldn’t have bothered weighing in, but I went to the scales on autopilot before I was properly awake! A figure I would happily see on a normal day (but rarely do): 10 st 1.5lbs.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you are feeling under the weather. Would a bump up in clean protein add to your energy levels? Sometimes I find that a day or two of higher, clean protein will give me a boost...something to think about.

    Anyhoo, hope your tummy feels lots better today and you do too! Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better soon! Your food doesn't look boring at all by the way, that lunch looks great, I might try something like that with quorn chicken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissie. You apologise for eating boring food - but there's nothing boring at all about what you've eaten!

    I really hope your stomach is much better by now.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete