Friday, 9 April 2010

A quiet, sunny Friday

And because some of us are never satisfied – I want rain!!! I put some moss & weed killer on the lawn yesterday and it needs watering in to get it started – so of course there’s no rain forecast for the next several days, and I’ll be out there with a hosepipe tomorrow!!!

On the other hand, I had a nice sunny walk this morning and was actually too hot coming back. I stopped for some canine affection from my favourite neighbour dog, and then had to dive in the shower as soon as I got back because the sweat was running down my back and I couldn’t smell anything but damp dog (she’d been rolling in the dew….;-))

M has a cold and I think he’s passed his germs on to me. He’s much worse than I am – all sneezy etc, while I just have an intermittent sore throat / eyes and a slight headache.  As it develops I’m sure you’ll get fed up of all the complaining that is bound to ensue!

We watched Ice Age 3 this afternoon – late again, I know! I love the Ice Age movies, especially the Sid character – he’s so funny and so cute!

Food today:

Breakfast: Overnight oatbran soaked in home-made almond milk with half a banana and vanilla whey, topped with peaches and strawberries – lovely and creamy!

P1040056

Lunch: Vegetable soup with a grilled halloumi and vegetable sandwich. I love grilled halloumi – its so chewy and satisfying!

P1040057 P1040058

Dinner: Slow cooked ‘Rotisserie’ chicken with salad. I skinned the chicken and removed as much fat as I could before rubbing in the spices. The chicken was very tasty, really tender, and yet still moist despite being cooked for 8 hours on low.

P1040059

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with honey & grape nuts; popcorn

Weight today: 10 st 3lbs :-(

3 comments:

  1. Complain away! There's nothing like a good moan when you're feeling lousy.. I hope you feel better soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie. I am suffering with the heat too. I'm sure the sudden change in the weather has contributed to my pressure problems. I feel overheated very easily at this time of the year esp after being adjusted to such cold weather with little heating. I actually wish it would stay cold as I'm comfortable with that now! Complaints all the way!

    That chicken looks like a great idea! I'm amazed that after 8 hours it was still succulent.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to say for a while that I love the look of those grilled veg sandwiches you do. I must look out for halloumi again haven't given it a fair chance I think....

    Urgh colds are just so torturous.

    ReplyDelete