Friday, 30 April 2010

Playing catch up!

Sorry everybody, I know you’ve all been on the edge of your seats waiting for the next instalment of my adventures in London ;-)

On Wednesday I went to Barnes for a wander around town and then a visit to the Wetlands centre. Thanks for the recommendation last time I was in London, deisegirl, I didn’t even know the place existed till you mentioned it and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit – especially the ‘Birds of the World’ exhibits. There were some stunning birds and some very weird bird cries were heard as I walked around the trail! And the landscaping was pretty good too! The only slight downside was that I forgot sun-screen and got sunburned on my face and chest – but that’s down to me not thinking I’d need it on a London trip in April!!!

P1040414 P1040424 P1040426

P1040427

Above is the Olympic Studios, where the Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix and many others apparently recorded.

Barnes itself is a very attractive town, I can see why (apparently) a lot of famous people live there! But the Wetlands Centre was definitely the highlight of the trip! I took literally hundreds of photos, but I’ve tried to narrow it down to only 100 or so!!!

P1040432  P1040442 P1040456 P1040476 P1040479 P1040519 P1040546

P1040450 P1040497 P1040507 P1040558 P1040563

When I finally managed to drag myself away I walked over the Hammersmith bridge into Hammersmith, where I decided to catch the tube to Kensington to visit Whole Foods Market. Unfortunately I got off at West Kensington and decided to walk the rest of the way – and West Kensington sucks! I ended up walking to South Kensington station and catching the tube again to get to Kensington High Street, stopping to shop along the way.

As I’ve put so many photos in again I’ll stop there and cover the food separately!

Technorati Tags: ,

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissie. I never knew there were wetlands there either. You got some great photos of the birds. I especially love the last little guy - so cute! And surely that isn't a swan with the long black neck and white body? I've never seen one like it.

    I have had to wear factor 50 for most of the last week as the sun has been incredibly strong here. I'm so happy it's overcast now!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the Wetland Centre, it's such a gem isn't it? Not surprised you got burned though because if there is any kind of sun you are EXPOSED! Next time I go I must go into Barnes because it does sound like it would be nice..I like walking around leafy towns and don't get jealous at all (well OK maybe a little bit).

    ReplyDelete