Saturday, 3 April 2010

(Mostly) Sunny Saturday

Well, today’s food (snacks anyway) wasn’t as healthy as I’d planned yesterday, but its all firmly within calories so I can’t say I care!  But I must admit I spent a fair bit of today talking myself out of over-eating for absolutely no reason – not hunger, not being depressed or actually wanting the food – just boredom I guess. The weird thing is that part of me was trying to talk myself INTO over-eating when my body really didn’t want to… how crazy is that? I ended up lying down upstairs for a while and did nod off, so maybe it was just that I was tired and looking for a stimulating snack?

Had a good walk into town this morning, I went in fairly early because the forecast was for lots of rain and I wanted to make sure that I got there and back before the heavens opened. As it happened we had one fairly hard shower in the afternoon while I was chopping and stirring in the throes of making a vat of soup, and the rest of the day its been overcast at worst, fairly bright a lot of the time. Which is just as well for the caravan club that was ‘squatting’ in the grounds of Caldicot Castle when I walked through this morning!

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches and a Welsh dragon sausage in a slice of Nimble

P1040022

Lunch: Quorn cottage pie with steamed cauliflower, carrots and green beans, followed by Greek yoghurt with honey & grape nuts

P1040027

Dinner: Red lentil vegetable soup thickened with millet and a big salad with chicken marinated in Nando’s extra hot marinade

 P1040028

Snacks: A Waitrose hot cross bun and a slice of Mum’s date and walnut cake

P1040026

Weight: 10 st 2.4lbs

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that I haven't had a hot cross bun yet this weekend, I love them toasted and covered with butter, however if its a toss up between that and chocolate I might have to stick with the chocolate!

    ReplyDelete