Friday, 23 April 2010

Hair cut Friday

I hate getting my hair cut. I always take off my glasses so I don’t have to sit staring at myself in the mirror in that unflattering light; I hate catching glimpses of sharp silvery objects flashing around close to my ears and face; and I hate seeing how much hair is falling onto my lap (that bit’s my own fault because I always wait so long between hair cuts!) Ah well, its done for now and only a little bit spiky at the back… ;-)

I did still enjoy my walk into town, especially seeing this guy. I can’t help thinking of Batman or some other super hero - ‘I must protect my true identity for the sake of my family and friends…

P1040225

We’ve finally discovered Mad Men! In 2 days we’ve seen the first 5 episodes, and are really enjoying it! We’re borrowing season 1 at the moment, and I already have seasons 2 & 3 Sky +’d, so lots of catching up to do!!!

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches and toast with 3 fruit marmalade

Lunch: Middle-Eastern leek meat balls with giant cous cous & chick peas, grilled carrot and a salad

P1040227

Dinner: Curried cauliflower soup and open faced sandwiches of Chavroux goat’s cheese and mixed peppers lightly grilled

P1040228

Snacks: Protein smoothie and porridge with a big dollop of peanut butter! It was lovely the way that the peanut butter melted in the heat of the porridge with the contrast of  the crunchy bits!

P1040224

Plus a few raisins and walnuts.

Weight today: 10 st 2.25lbs

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Looks like it's a reining horse that's been turned out with his/her splint and bell boots still left on. That would be the equivalent of going to bed wearing your protective football gear on. Very interesting... Could be a dressage/event horse, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mad Men is the BEST! I'm so jealous when people just discover amazing TV programmes that I've been hooked on because they have it all ahead of them!

    I've never been a fan of getting my hair cut for the whole "sitting looking at the mirror" reason but now I just grab a pile of trashy mags and read them while they're snipping. I have gotten better too - I used to wait the best part of a year now I try to go every 3 or 4 months. I don't think I'll ever be someone who keeps a weekly appointment though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissie. I understand completely about not wanting to go to the hairdresser. I think it must be the lighting that makes me look so dreadful in their mirrors (the option is that I just look dreadful anyway ...). That and the combination of wet hair pinned over my face in multiple chunks. I gave up going many years ago - but my hair is long so I can trim it myself.

    I'm worried about that horse having it's eyes covered! I'll just tell myself it must be for a good reason.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete