Monday, 5 April 2010

Easter Sunday

Yesterday I ended the day feeling technophobic – didn’t want to writ the blog, didn’t even want to read blogs, just wanted to lie on the sofa in my dressing gown and watch House…

As I’m not  person of faith and don’t belong to a big family with Easter traditions etc I see this weekend as just a relaxing long weekend, which makes it more enjoyable when I’m working than when I’m not, though of course this time round M is working so it’s nice to have him around for an extra day – even though its very low key.

I went for a walk in the morning – into Chepstow and along to Chepstow Racecourse, where a weekly Market is held. I used to go there with my Mum and her OH – it used to be a lot better than it was yesterday, so I wasn’t there for long. I think I saw 4 different ‘Hog Roast’ stalls and not much else – and as I have never been a fan of hog roasts, plus it was about 9:15 am, I found that easy to resist. I just wandered through the market, then headed into Chepstow (where everything was of course closed) and came home. It was a changeable morning, not very warm but very bright most of the time, and it was good to get 3 hrs worth of fresh air and intermittent sunshine!

In the afternoon we watched Dorian Grey. Another movie everyone else probably saw 3 years ago! It was excellent, though due to watching it lying on the sofa in the dark I did nod off at one point (during the bit where he’s just having sex with every woman he met – I’m not prudish (particularly) but I find very prolonged sexual exploits in a movie kind of tedious after a while!

I wasn’t too evil food-wise either. Not an Easter Egg – or any other chocolate – in sight! Possibly too much fibre though given the way my stomach is behaving this morning…

Food:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches and some blueberry buckwheat pancakes from the same pancake mix I used last week (an impulse thing – I just couldn’t face the normal sausage or egg)

P1040029

Lunch: A mug of vegetable soup with a savoury buckwheat pancake to use up the batter – I stuffed it with sauteed mushrooms, onion, spinach and a LC triangle

P1040034 P1040035

Dinner: A huge salad with prawns and some Master Recipe ‘Healthy Bread in 5 minutes a day’. I made enough dough for 2 loaves, and added a spoonful of pesto sauce to one half (it didn’t mix in very well because I added it after the dough had been sitting in the fridge over night – but there are nice green blobs throughout!)

P1040037

Snacks: A sports supplement snack – called a Protein Sport. It looked like a hockey puck, but tasted nicer than it looked (maple peanut crisp flavour – with carob) and Greek Yoghurt with honey & grape nuts. Plus a really tiny sliver each of Christmas cake and Bara brith.

Weight: 10st 3.25lbs (I guess the fish and chips were still hanging around!!!)

2 comments:

  1. The protein sport thing sounds nice, where did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely relaxing day and with no chocolate! You put me to shame ;-) I see my Easter weekend as just having some time to relax as well x

    ReplyDelete