Thursday, 8 April 2010

And a little better again today!

The sun has been shining all day long and I have taken not one but 2 walks – I guess that’s why I’m feeling more cheerful (that and the fact that my stomach is finally settling down!)

No real news though, so this one will be short. Food has been OK, I nibbled a little bit earlier but nothing significant.

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches & strawberries plus toast with LC and jam

P1040049

Lunch: I tried to replicate the vegetarian ‘burger’ I had at Nando’s last time I was in London – a Portobello mushroom and a slice of Lite Halloumi cheese grilled, in a roll spread with chilli jam. I had a salad with it, some caramelised red pepper & onion, AND some home-made oven chips so it was quite a filling (and delicious) meal!

P1040050 P1040051

P1040052 P1040053

Dinner: I finished the Hot and Sour slow cooker soup today. When I reheated it I added in a load of shirataki noodles – first time I’d eaten them and they were… interesting. Very chewy, no real flavour of their own, but they certainly did a good job of bulking up the soup and now I’m stuffed! I will look forward to eating the rest of the package! The photo came out all steamy ;-)

P1040055

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with honey and grape nuts; a mini babybel light; a protein smoothie that finally deserved the name Green monster – tons of spinach, half a banana, strawberries and stewed rhubarb plus soya milk and Cookies & Cream whey. A nice change, but not one of the best!

P1040054

Oh yes, and a handful or two of walnut pieces – the above-mentioned nibbling!

Weight today: 10 st 2.5lbs

4 comments:

  1. Glad your feeling better x

    I love the sound of that chilli jam, I'll be keeping my eyes open for something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you've been having a rough time of it lately. Peaks and troughs eh girl? :(

    Mmmm..I think I saw Stella had that mushroom burger thingy before and I keep meaning to make it, it sounds fantastic. All the places we went to eat in NY made great use out of those mushrooms. Did you marinade the mushroom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're starting to feel a bit better. The weather has been lovely here today too, I wished I hadn't gone for my run yesterday or that my legs weren't too sore to go again hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chrissie. Glad that your stomach is feeling better. Mine is acting strangely right now - but not surprising given my pressure problems (see latest entry).

    I ADORE chillies but strangely have never tried chilli jam - which I suppose you just use like chutney. I always have Nandos hot or extra hot chilli sauce because it's the only one I've found which doesn't have a ton of added sugar.

    Do you find that rhubarb makes the smoothie a bit acidic? It is very tart and I find it inedible without something to take the edge off.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete