Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Twickenham and London – Day 1

I really enjoyed walking down the Thames path to Twickenham. The path was so clean and well-maintained, and there were lots of people out jogging, walking, sitting in the sunshine and generally enjoying the day – it had quite the holiday atmosphere!

The only problem was that the sun was too bright to get some of the photos I wanted!!!

P1030576 P1030577

P1030578 P1030583 P1030584 P1030585

Twickenham itself wasn’t the most attractive place I’ve ever been, though the Riverside area was lovely, and the train station was pretty horrible but at least I didn’t have long to wait there. I went into Starbucks in Twickenham and had a ‘Refresh’ green tea, which was quite nice – mainly chosen because it had no calories and I wouldn’t be tempted to latte / syrup it up!!!

I then walked up through town to the train station and caught the first available train into Waterloo, switching to the Bakerloo line there for Picadilly Circus. I was starving, so the first thing I did was head to Itsu for my sushi – a ‘Health and Happiness’ selection that was delicious! Then I went to Leicester Square for my theatre ticket, and from there to Covent Garden, where I popped into M&S for some new jeans (my old ones were wearing through at the seams. Sadly they only had one pair in my size, so I may try another branch this week – especially as they were only £12!)

In Covent Garden I went to a little frozen yoghurt place called Yu-topia, which I think I read about a while ago on Thinspired. The sign in the shop said it was low fat but I have to say it tasted really rich and creamy. I had blueberry with chunks of mango

P1030591

After wandering around this area for a while I decided to walk to Waterloo to head back to the hotel. I walked over the Waterloo Bridge and got some good views of fairly well-recognised landmarks ;-)

P1030594 P1030596 P1030599

On the other side of the bridge in Lambeth I saw some other gorgeous buildings as I killed time before going into the train station

P1030602

P1030605 P1030606 P1030607

In the station I collected up a selection of spiced or otherwise coated nuts and peas which I ate on the concourse & one the train (no photo). Then it was back to the hotel, where I collapsed after dinner and watched TV all evening

Technorati Tags: ,

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! What lovely weather. I'm looking forward to hearing about the play. Sounds like a wonderful couple of days. BTW, I think TWickenham is quite lovely - far more lovely than suburban sprawl around here, for sure.

    Hope your Tuesday is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh I love London!!!! Other half is actually from Twickenham though he's been living here since he was a child. I've never actually spent any time in Twickenham though we have passed it on the train a few times - have you ever gone out to the Wetland Centre in Barnes? I love birds so we've been out there twice.

    The yoghurt looks vvvvv nice. I bet I've passed it before but I will definitely be keeping my eyes peeled next time we're there ;)

    ReplyDelete