Tuesday, 9 March 2010

Sunshine, no sleep, lots of exercise

Didn’t sleep too great again last night but I treated it as an excuse to get up early and breakfast early so I could 30 Day Shred again before going out for a walk this morning. That was the 4th or 5th time I’ve shredded, more than I generally use an exercise DVD, so that felt good. Leaving it alone all last week was a bad idea as everything made my arms burn like hell, but I certainly felt like I’d worked out despite the wimpy weights and still being at Level 1. I must admit its probably the fastest, least boring 20 minutes training that I do, which can’t be bad! And it left me feeling kind of wobbly afterwards, which is always good!

My walk was a little longer than usual and I enjoyed the bright sunshine all the way – plus lots of kisses from my favourite German shepherd dog. She lives down the road from me, loves me passionately (and its mutual!) and just got back from a 9 week holiday – so we have a lot of catching up to do!!! I missed her soooo much, I just floated home with a smile on my face a mile wide. No-one and nothing makes a girl feel as loved and appreciated as a dog who loves her!!!

I did feel a bit wobbly after lunch with all that training, but rather than dive head first into my remaining frozen fruit cake I settled for an afternoon lie down upstairs – far from the kitchen!

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches and a poached egg on nimble toast

Lunch: Vegetable soup with a LC and red onion sandwich – and a few pluots & raisins

P1030433

Dinner: Quorn – red lentil Bolognese sauce stuffed into a roasted butternut squash, served with salad – including half a baby avocado for healthy fats.

P1030435

Snacks: Protein smoothie (my first for days), Greek yoghurt with honey & cereal. Oh yes….. and I may have somehow found a gingerbread Easter bunny in my shopping trolley this morning, which I was forced to dismember viciously and devour with slightly worrying relish!!! I might have undiagnosed violent tendencies…

P1030432

Weight today: 10 st 1.5 lbs.

2 comments:

  1. I like biting the heads off the Lindt Chocolate Bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh at this time of year I have to run the gauntlet through M&S all those chocolate bunnies and ducks and the like. The thought of eating them just fills me with fear....I really should just become a vegetarian and get it over with!

    I love german shepherd dogs the most of any dogs, they are so beautiful and proud looking. The people at the back of our house have one and I'll often just stand at the window gazing at it. Ha, hopefully no-one spots me. Especially if I have the binoculars out to watch the birds at the bird table...PEEPING THOMASINA ALERT!

    ReplyDelete