Saturday, 27 March 2010

Saturday blah

Weird day today, I haven’t felt like pigging out, or like working out… but I did walk into Chepstow this morning, carrying a heavyish load each way, which was quite calorie-burning to judge from how little energy I had on the way home! I omitted my usual coffee in town, and I think I really felt the difference as I slogged across a big field along the way. Maybe I’ll retain the half-way caffeine boost and just cut back the rest of the time. That’s not going so well so far by the way – the day after I said I was doing that I had my usual 2 cups in the morning because I went on autopilot and forgot to switch to green tea, and although I didn’t have any coffee first thing yesterday I had a misto in Starbucks. Today I settled for one coffee and one tea pigs black tea with chocolate flakes – yum!

I had my last protein ball before I left on my walk, and didn’t eat anything  - or drink anything but water – till I got back. The protein ball was mainly ground nut in flavour by the way, if you don’t like that you won’t like the balls! I got back at lunchtime and didn’t have time to cook my dinner then, so I reverted to having my main meal in the evening instead.

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches and toast with LC and jam

Lunch: Vegetable soup with spelt bread. But I livened up the spelt bread a bit – when I took the dough out of the fridge to come to room temperature, I rolled it out flat, topped it with a bit of low fat mature cheese and wafer thin ham, then rolled it up and baked it in a loaf tin. I could have used more topping, but it was very tasty dipped into my soup. Followed by some fruit I bought in Cardiff yesterday.

P1030976 P1030977

P1030978

Dinner: Chicken and pepper kebabs, marinated with BBQ sauce for an hour or so. With home made oven chips and salad

P1030980

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with strawberries chopped & stewed in apple & ginger juice and grapenuts to make a kind of parfait;

P1030979

2 slices of my Bara brith and the protein ball. Plus a few more of those lovely chocolates, again split with M.

Weight today: 10 st 2.1lbs – not bad after yesterday’s indulgences!!!

2 comments:

  1. That spelt bread looks good, do you have a recipe? I like baking with spelt

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spelt bread does look lovely, especially creative with the cheese and ham!

    ReplyDelete