Monday, 8 March 2010

Just another annoying Monday

Even though the sun has been shining! I had a lovely walk this morning, and did consider going for a second walk this afternoon – but with the usual Monday-itis I was a bit tired so I decided not to bother. I was also tempted to fill the time baking instead, but resisted that as all I wanted to cook was chocolate chip raisin oatmeal cookies and we all know what happens when I have those in the house on a Monday!

I have been a little snacky today, but thankfully not outright  bingey. I’ve mainly be tempted by dried fruit, and while that is obviously calorific I don’t feel as guilty about that, especially given their high fibre content. I bought a type of dried fruit I hadn’t come across before, called a pluot – apparently a cross between a plum and an apricot. They’re rather nice!

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with extra peaches and a low fat sausage wrapped in nimble bread spread with green tomato chutney

P1030428

Lunch: Vegetable soup with added kale and a grilled vegetable sandwich

P1030429

Dinner: A ready meal today I’m afraid – a fish pie called Salmon Crumble. Low fat, very tasty, but as usual more potato than fish! The fish that was in there was in nice big salmon-y chunks though! Served with roasted tenderstem broccoli and Brussels sprouts (a little ‘well-caramelised’)

P1030431

Snacks: Official snacks = Protein bar, popcorn with nutritional yeast and sea salt, and Greek yoghurt with honey & cereal. Less official snacks = a little peanut butter, several pluots and some raisins.

Weight today: 10 st 2.25lbs

1 comment:

  1. I snack on dried fruit as well (love the sound of those pluots!) like raisins and dates but worry about how much sugar I'm getting, at least I can feel slightly less guilty eating them than eating crisps and sweets!

    ReplyDelete