Sunday, 28 March 2010

I hate it when the clocks go forward…

Why do we still bother with Daylight Saving anyway? I forgot to change our clocks, and when I got up – about 6am as I thought, I felt quietly happy that I had a nice relaxing Sunday ahead. Until I realised an hour had been stolen from me in the night!!!

Ah well, I guess I’ll just have to live with it…

So far today we’ve had no rain at all, amazingly. The forecast was dreadful, so I’m a lot happier that they were wrong – and hoping they’ll still be wrong during next week, when the snow and sleet are forecast to return…

I went out this morning, managed to incorporate a little running into my walk for a change. Less than previously, but its hardly surprising that my lack lustre lack of consistency isn’t building stamina. I think my shoulder’s OK again now though, so hopefully I’ll be able amp things up a bit this week – the body is willing, but the spirit is questionable! Food hasn’t been bad though, so that’s something!

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches and a low cal bacon sandwich – which was very yummy indeed I might add!

P1030981                                            

Lunch: Veggie soup and some of my ham & cheese spelt bread spread with LC. Laura, I would give you the recipe but unfortunately I took it from a cookery book and don’t think they’d like it! It came from the ‘Healthy Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a Day’ book, and I’d heartily recommend it to anybody who likes more interesting breads.

P1030987

Dinner: Pork fillet medallions and onion browned in sunflower spray then braised in a gravy made with reduced salt gravy granules, liquid bouillon, and mango chutney. Served with dry roasted potatoes, steamed cauliflower, broccoli & peas.

P1030988

Snacks: Protein smoothie; Greek yoghurt with honey, grapenuts, and rhubarb stewed with apple & ginger juice;

P1030986

some more shared chocolates. And a new snack – an Energy bomb:

P1030982 P1030985

Kind of interesting, it won’t put Mars out of business but it was quite nice (no noticeable surge of energy to be honest!). I tried to break off a piece to show you the inside but it resisted!

Weight this morning: 10 st 2 lbs.

1 comment:

  1. hehe no worries about the recipe!

    I hate the clock changes aswell! Silly old tradition

    ReplyDelete