Tuesday, 30 March 2010

Hmph

I’ll just come right out and say that the phone interview didn’t go great and though I’ve not had any confirmation yet, I’m pretty sure I’m still unemployed.

Moving on.

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches and some spelt bread with LC and reduced sugar marmalade

P1030995

Lunch: Home-made lasagne made with home-made lasagne sheets served with a ginormous salad. I think the lasagne actually improved while frozen!

P1030997

Dinner: Vegetable soup with a side of grilled asparagus

P1030999

Snacks: Cashew cookie Nak’d bar and a plate of 3 huge buckwheat pancakes! I was reading the lovely and supportive comments to my last post, and the suggestion that I allow myself something I really fancied seemed like an excellent idea! I had pulled a box of gluten-free pancake mix from the depth of a cupboard planning to have it for breakfast tomorrow, but somehow that seemed more appealing than my planned protein smoothie, so I went with it! (I didn’t expect them to be so big mind you…) Not the best pancakes ever, I prefer my cottage cheese griddle cakes, but very very filling. Served with a small amount of summer fruits heated in the microwave and a little maple syrup. It would have been better with a lot more maple syrup mind you….

P1030998

I also had a mini babybel light for protein.

Weight today: 10 2.2lbs – I can’t help noticing a slow, slight, but undeniable creep up here, I’m about to have a beer as consolation for the interview, but I think I need a good day sometime this week…

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the job, I'm unemployed too at the moment, so is Mike, he was supposed to have a guaranteed interview for a really good job but today he got a call back, they f**cked it up, forgot to call him for the interview and hired someone else. It's so frustrating trying to get a job at the moment, seems like my degree is useless I hope it works out for you, it might have been better than you think. My gran always said that to me after exams at school, I always thought they'd gone badly and they'd always gone way better than I thought!

    Those pancakes look scrummy, I love pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you feel the interview was a bit flat. Interviews are always good practice though, and at least you didn't have to go anywhere for it ;)

    Lasagne looks lovely. Do you watch Masterchef at all? The two judges on that are always very impressed if someone makes their own "pusta" hehe.. Lasagne definitely improves with age!

    ReplyDelete