Wednesday, 3 March 2010

Another Amazing Day!

Today I went over the bridge into England and visited my brother. We walked from the town of Chippenham to the village of Lacock (which is used to film every BBC period drama and supplied a small part of Hogwarts to the Harry Potter movies) on a cycle track through the country. He’s so lucky to live just a very few minutes walk from this cycle track!  It would be even better with less mud and no flooded bits of path, but it was so nice to walk somewhere different and chat and everything.

The walk was really attractive and would have been even more amazing in better weather,

P1030320

 P1030326

P1030323

and Lacock is beautiful!

P1030339

P1030338

P1030333

P1030352

P1030334

P1030354

P1030369

When we got to Lacock we both had some ice-cream (obviously, in early March doesn't everyone do that???) and wandered around while I took lots of photos, then went to the Whitehall Garden Centre. Then we walked back to his house, and cooked some food (not sure if I should call it lunch or dinner as it was about 3:30 when we ate) - Pork in a wholegrain mustard sauce, very tasty.
After we ate I headed out, and was back on the M4 feeling a bit tired when I decided (as I approached the junction) to swing off and pop to see Dad, I had been feeling a bit tired so I hadn't told him I was coming in case I wussed out. They were expecting my brother in law (the one who’s wife was celebrating her birthday in the Cotswold's a few weeks ago), he's staying with them tonight as he's down for business, and I sat and chatted for an hour or so before coming home.  They'd arranged that to go out for dinner and they did invite me along but by then I was very tired and not looking forward to driving home in the dark so I came on home instead.

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches and a Greek yoghurt / honey/cereal mix

Lunch: Pork with apple in mustard sauce and basmati rice – bad picture of something that looked much better in the flesh – and tasted great!

P1030408

Dinner: Vegetable soup and a ham LC salad sandwich in wholegrain maple oatmeal bread – eaten much later than usual so I’ll probably regret it at weigh in tomorrow!

P1030411

Snacks: A chocolate chip cookie home-made by my brother, and a small tub of amaretto ice-cream, plus a few harissa almonds.

P1030351

P1030410

Weight today: 10 st 2.25lbs

And now I’m knackered!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ah nothing like good ol' fresh air to knock the stuffing out of ya ;-)

    I used to love walking - ironically when I lived in Dublin we had better scenery nearby than where we live now. If the summer is not a complete washout (if!!!!) I may try a few hikes up the mountains *cue banjo muzak from Deliverance*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice day. I love to walk and talk. I do my best thinking when I am walking.

    Loved the pics of such a cute town. Food looked good, especially the ice cream!

    I thought you lived in England?? I must have missed something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day you had! Thanks for sharing the gorgeous pictures.

    ReplyDelete