Friday, 12 February 2010

Understanding

After spending a few days considering changing the name of these blog to ‘A Crazy Mind and a Growing Body’ I realised this morning what’s being going on with me! Years ago I was prone to migraines that lasted a whole week, starting with a nagging headache, bloated feeling, and craving for carbs that built up for a week until finally my head exploded and then, finally, I threw up. Its been a while since I’ve had one, but I’m pretty sure that I’ve been having one this week – a theory that is backed up by how much better I’ve been feeling since taking some Midrid (migraine medication) today. I had the niggling headache since Monday, but originally blamed my poor night sleep on Sunday for it. And definitely had the cravings!!! Last night I was in bed by 8:30 with the head pounding and stomach lurching… Shame I didn’t realise sooner and do something more productive than going into meltdown though! Thanks everybody for your support and advice, it did make me feel a bit happier and less freakish yesterday! And you’re all quite right about not keeping the stuff in the house so I can’t eat it – luckily its mostly gone (OK, the fruit cake is still in the freezer, but I plan on making off with that during the week as much as possible – but I just can’t bring myself to throw it away!)

Today has been a lot calmer with the help of my meds. I managed a walk into town first thing (I did feel running was pushing my luck a bit, so didn’t risk it) and then went to a lunchtime showing of Avatar 3D with M. I was very tempted by the Ben & Jerry’s stand, but we arrived quite shortly before it was due to start and the woman who should have been working the stand was nowhere to be seen, so I was saved from myself! The other snacks available at the cinema didn’t appeal to me at all so there was no problem there!  The movie wasn’t exactly what I expected. I’ve read a lot of reviews on blogs the last couple of weeks, and most of them were raving about the film. I was quite disappointed to start with, possibly partly because the pills hadn’t entirely kicked in and the early part of the movie actually made me feel a bit of motion sickness-style nausea! Eventually though I got more into things, and in the end I enjoyed myself a lot more!

Oh yes, and although I don’t expect to get anywhere with it, I actually had my first half-way positive chat to an agent today about a contract. I don’t think I’ll get the job, but just hearing something other than ‘No’ was enough to improve my mood!

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches & toast with laughing cow and jam

Lunch: A bought sandwich I didn’t bother to photograph (Chicken fajita flavour from Greggs)

Dinner: Carrot and cumin chickpea burger that I found unexpectedly in the freezer yesterday! With a big salad.

P1030154

Snacks: Protein smoothie; wholemeal pita bread with a tiny bit of houmous and a snack pack of raisins.

Weight today: Absolutely no idea! I have been constipated all week long and have decided not to weigh myself until that sorts itself out – its just too depressing!

In the meantime, one more time – thanks everyone for being brilliant! Virtual hugs of gratitude to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. So relieved you've pinned down the cause! Food sanity returns!

    I'm not remotely tempted by Avatar because CGI doesn't do anything for me. Also, 3D glasses over my normal glasses? No! Glad you enjoyed it though.

    And great news to at least be in the running for a job. Much more hopeful.

    (((Hugs))) in return!
    Have a lovely weekend.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete