Friday, 26 February 2010

Sorry everybody

For my silence yesterday! I wasted the entire morning on getting my car serviced (even though they found nothing and fixed nothing) and sitting in a car showroom for hours (even with a book) was just so boring, frustrating and annoying that I felt way too restless afterwards for any kind of fruitful day. As usual I didn’t handle that very well – I was angelic diet wise until mid-afternoon, didn’t shred but did go on the elliptical walker, and then everything went pear-shaped – I snacked from about 3 till 3:30 pm, filled up on garbage, didn’t have any dinner… No full blown binge, and I think it was at least partly down to my increasing the exercise intensity on Tuesday and Wednesday without also increasing my calories to allow for it, but I’m now proud of myself!

You may have noticed that I keep posting about avoidance tactics and changing my eating habits to resist being bad. I’ve come to the conclusion that for me, these tricks all have one thing in common – they all work… as long as I’m motivated enough, in which case I don’t need tricks. When I really need the help, none of them work because its not hunger or lack of protein that’s making me want to snack!

Anyway, I’m going to put yesterday behind me with a quick food summary and let you go on your merry way!

Food Thursday:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches and a soft boiled egg with toast

Lunch: Soup with a roasted garlic bread / LC sandwich

Dinner: None (unless you count toast with jam)

Snacks: A Clif bar (oatmeal raisin walnut – not a knockout); protein smoothie packed with spinach; fruit cake, peanut butter, a little cereal; a Nakd Gingerbread bar. Dried sour cherries and dates as well. Not masses of any of it, but it wasn’t planned (apart from the Clif bar and Smoothie) and put me over calories so tut tut!

Weight Thursday: 10 st 2.25lbs

2 comments:

  1. Well here's to a better day today, whenever today is for you! For what it's worth, I don't deal with those kinds of frustrations very well either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie. I'm guessing it was just the frustration of waiting around for the car to be done that did the damage. Maybe it might have helped to do a long walk but perhaps the weather was too bad? The eliptical is higher intensity than walking and if things aren't all in the right direction mentally that could be more triggering than just walking? That's what I'm thinking anyway.

    But at least you can't have been too far over calories as you didn't have an evening meal, so hopefully it wasn't too damaging on the scale.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete