Saturday, 6 February 2010

So. Stuffed

M and I were planning to go to our favourite Thai restaurant for lunch on Valentine’s Day, but after struggling with his motivation he’s ready to recommit to his weight loss project, and didn’t really want to have a big splurge after only one week – so on impulse we decided to go today instead. For some reason my crazy brain struck again, and walking back from town this morning (with the heavy rucksack!!!) I had a pack of 3 rocky road clusters and a danish pastry - a bear claw - stuffed with fruit. Stupid, stupid! Why eat extra extra calories when you know you’re eating out later? I guess I felt I’d got to get it all out of my system in one go – and believe me, I really have!

Anyway, the lunch was excellent. The Thai restaurant was closed because its being revamped and redecorated after changing hands for the 3rd or 4th time since I discovered it. So we went to an Indian restaurant down the road instead. This place does takeaway food as well, and we’ve had takeaways from them a few times, but this was the first time we’ve sat down and eaten in there. There were 3 waiters, plus at least 1 chef – and us. No-one else ate there all lunch time. I like eating in empty restaurants, even though there’s no atmosphere (not that there’s ever much atmosphere at lunch time) because the service is usually better and there are no bored kids running around the place. That’s one of the reasons we eat out at lunchtime rather than dinner time, the other one being that I can’t sleep with a stuffed stomach. And it is stuffed. I can’t be bothered to talk about my mini binge this morning (raisins and dried pineapple on top of the above mentioned. And a breakfast of low fat sausages, egg whites scrambled with mushrooms, onions and spinach + toast with laughing cow and strawberry jam – oh look, I did talk about it after all…) In which case, here’s the pictures…

P1030107

P1030108

The bear claw & clusters were literally eaten on the road, so no pictures of them! (btw, I don’t entirely regret the bear claw, I haven’t had one before and it was very nice. But the Rocky Road Clusters were absolutely a waste of calories)

OK, here’s lunch at The Indian Empire:

P1030114

Condiments…

P1030115

With poppadom to dip in them –  2 each, actually.

P1030116

Aloo chat with a little salad to start (can you see the ghee flowing across the plate??? Ah, health food!!!)

P1030117

Lamb kalia (lots of coriander and 4 – yes 4 – whole fresh green chillies – spicy!!! and delicious!) with boiled rice. In total I had about 2 times this amount of the curry, and half as much again of the rice.

P1030118

Half-eaten Lemon zester cheesecake (very zesty!) topped with meringue pieces. No, I didn’t stop at half-eaten, that’s just when I remembered the camera…  If I’m honest, I was pleasantly satisfied after the aloo chat, though that would’ve worn off; I was stuffed after the lamb kalia… but I’m a sucker for cheesecakes! Several thousand calories of Indian food now compressing my internal organs… and I really enjoyed it! But may never eat again…

Weight today: 10 st 3.25 lbs (possibly also a component of the bingey mood – I mean WTF??? After today, sure, but I wasn’t bad yesterday!) I may not weigh tomorrow… although I try not to do that after a bad day / meal as I feel its kind of dodging the issue. Plus a bad weigh in when I’ve earned it is not as depressing or de-motivating as a bad weigh in that feels kind of unfair. Yeah, you know I probably will weigh in tomorrow, don’t you??? If I whine about the results, feel free to kick my ass and shout CHEESECAKE

2 comments:

  1. I'm very guilty of "eating on the go" and "mindless eating", it doesn't even register with my brain that I've been eating so much until it's too late and I am stuffed to the gills! At least you enjoyed the bear claw and the lunch looked lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie. You better not have been putting weights in that rucksack! I hope it was shopping. But even then ... Hope your back is OK.

    I've never heard of a bear claw before. No idea what it looks like, and no, you don't have to buy another one to photograph it for me!

    The meal looks great - esp the cheesecake! And whole chillies in a curry is unusual and very appealing.

    Hope M enjoyed it too.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete