Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Not a very exciting day today

I walked into town through light but steady drizzle, so that was not a lot of fun – but I wanted to get some library books out so it was worth it. I didn’t weigh down my rucksack again, but I wore my sports bra and jogging bottoms and ran jogged some of the way (even got in a little sprint at one point)

After I got back I tried skipping, that was quite funny as I gasped for air and my heart hammered – after a massively impressive 20 or 30 seconds at most! I also played on the wii for a bit to give my arms some exercise. I used to be really good at the tennis and boxing on the original Wii Sports but haven’t played them for about 6 – 12 months – so I lost a lot of matches but my arms were on fire so that was quite a fun way to get them moving!

Food today:

Breakfast: Oat bran soaked overnight in soya milk and fromage frais, with chia seeds, vanilla whey, mango chunks (frozen) and passion fruit stirred in the night before and a spoonful of granola sprinkled on top this morning – lovely tropical flavours and the oat bran was so creamy!

P1030078

Continuing the big breakfast experiment, I also had 2 slices of diet bread with laughing cow and strawberry jam (love this combination!)

P1030079

Lunch: Split pea veggie soup with a hard-boiled egg sandwich followed by a scone with fromage frais and strawberry jam – naughty? Maybe, but in calories and so so good!!!

P1030088

P1030089

Dinner: Roasted vegetable lasagne leftovers (with the home-made lasagne sheets I made the other weekend) with a big mixed salad and some grilled asparagus

P1030093

Snacks: Fromage frais with honey, and a babybel light cheese for afternoon tea. Bigger meals do seem to be  making helping me cut down on the snacking during the day!

Weight today: 10 st 1.5 lbs

5 comments:

  1. You know, I'm completely fine with penciling in that Cotswold walkabout for May 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie. I used to like laughing cow and all fruit spread. But these days I can't buy a loaf of bread because I'll just toast and eat half of it, 2 slices at a time, before I have to force myself to save some for tomorrow/ later. It's all about not buying too much in one go. And a whole loaf is too much. A half loaf is no good either - cos that's just one meal or snack to me!

    I used to do the fromage frais and jam on scone thing too. But if it's 4 scones in a pack then they'll go in one sitting. If 6 scones I might spread it out to two.

    This comment isn't making me feel great! Makes me realise how much out of control I am these days, whereas I used to be able to control myself.

    I think it's great that you're snacking less because when things go out of control it's usually with the snacking. More satisfying meals are a great solution.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your food looks really yummy today. I am going to try your breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh that dinner looks fantastic. I always eat so much better when I have lots of salad stuff to hand....

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh and chia seeds are on my "wishlist". ;)

    ReplyDelete