Sunday, 7 February 2010

The morning after the huge lunch-fest!!!

I never did eat anything else yesterday! M had a sandwich around 8:30, but I was still wondering if I’d ever breathe easily again!!! I made one pint of beer last me through 4 episodes of Desperate Housewives, mainly because there wasn’t a lot of room for it inside me!!! I did better later though, when I switched to sparkling shiraz rose wine instead… I did enjoy yesterday’s lunch very much, but I’m still a bit down about the earlier idiocy with the Danish and the chocolate. It seems I have a fair bit of work to do convincing myself that one meal out does not have to make a completely awful food day!

I wasn’t hung over this morning but did feel a bit sluggish, bloated and constipated (TMI – sorry!) so I decided to walk into Chepstow to wake myself up a bit. I had a go at my recent jog / walk combo; it wasn’t as much fun today because I wasn’t feeling that special but I think overall I probably still managed close to a mile, just split down into smaller segments. When I reached town I had a black, no sugar Americano and that did help wake me up nicely. And I resisted the baked goods, even though as usual after a dodgy day I was kind of tempted by the sugariness! On the way home I had to eat a little something because I hadn’t had my planned snack before leaving, but kept it to a small Nak’d bar (and 3 tiny cheese samples) from the Farm Shop I’ve talked about before. I really enjoyed the bar; of course it was still sugar, but fruit sugar doesn’t make me feel as guilty.

Food today:

Breakfast: Weight watchers beans on toast

P1030120

Lunch: Split pea veggie soup with a laughing cow, hardboiled egg and nimble sandwich

P1030121

Dinner: Seafood risotto made with pearl barley instead of rice, with a salad. Yum….

P1030125

Snacks: Small Nak’d bar (Berry Cheeky); soaked oat bran with soya milk, fromage frais, vanilla whey, frozen summer fruit and frozen cherries, topped with a little granola (so far I’ve managed not to binge on the granola – go me!). This was nice, not as nice as the tropical one though as that’s a little sweeter obviously.

P1030123

I’ve also had a few raisins and a little peanut butter, but nothing to worry myself about.

Weight today: 10 st 5.4 lbs. Ugh. Still, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – at least I know why!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. Baked beans on toast used to be my favourite food. I practically lived on it for years. These days I'm not bothered one way or the other. Strange!

    Many years ago I used to have pot barley but although I liked it I was put off by the length of time it needed cooking (or battering into submission). 45 minutes of steam and no extractor fan?

    Pink oats are so pretty! Frozen cherries are a new idea for me. I've never seen them - or maybe never looked for them.

    I'm sure the extra (water) weight will be gone super quick.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete