Friday, 5 February 2010

Lovely sunny day

The forecast for today was for heavy rain! No rain so far, just bright sunshine and temperatures that actually reached double digits! 10 degrees that is… but it felt positively tropical to me on my way into town. I headed off this morning with empty rucksack and sports bra in place, and ran maybe half way there in total – about a mile? It felt good! I liked running partly on concrete and partly on grass too, an interesting contrast! I think I probably looked a bit red in the face by the time I reached town, judging from the looks I was getting in the supermarket – but I think it was well worth it!

Food today:

Breakfast: Poached eggs on toast with a Quorn sizzling banger

P1030101

Lunch: Split pea veggie soup and a big bowl of salad with peppers, feta and avocado

P1030103

P1030102

Dinner: Quorn-bulgur Bolognese with added courgette served with tricolore gnocchi instead of pasta, and another salad.

P1030106

Snacks: I made the ‘overnight’ oats again today. As last time I started with oat bran, added vanilla whey, soya milk, fromage frais, mango and passion fruit, but this time I also added a little dried pineapple. The flavour was good but the dried pineapple was a little too chewy to really meld in with the other creamy textures so I probably wouldn’t add that again – or maybe I could try rehydrating them with hot water first. Hmmmm. Topped with granola again.

P1030104

Apart from that, just raisins and a very little peanut butter – breakfast was much more satisfying today!

Weight today: 10 st 2 lbs

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. I always look red faced in the supermarket, and I only walk there!

    I agree that eggs are very satisfying for breakfast.

    I love gnocchi, but for some reason I view them as really naughty. Can't think why right now! Maybe it's my tendency to put a ton of cheese on top?

    Pineapple is very fibrous and I don't think there's any way round that. Maybe to use pineapple juice if you want the taste in there? You really did tropical flavoured porridge. All that was missing was the coconut!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete