Thursday, 4 February 2010

I did HIIT today

I didn’t want to go for a walk because of the depressing unending dripping drizzle. I had to go food shopping this morning, but haven’t left the house again since then! Mid-afternoon I was about to have my snack without having done any exercise when it occurred to me that in the time it took for my oven to heat (more or less) I could do some ellipticising. 20 minutes of HIIT later I showered and then had a guilt-free spicy snack!

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches and toast with laughing cow & berries and cherries jam – not as filling as the other big breakfasts I’ve tried – not enough protein I’m guessing!

P1030094

Lunch: Split pea veggie soup and a grilled vegetable sandwich

P1030097

P1030098

Dinner: ‘Around the world in 80 meals’ Moroccan vegetable tagine and cous cous with preserved lemon rind mixed in. The cous cous was interesting, I think I liked it but the taste is a new one to me as I’ve never encountered preserved lemons before. And the tagine – hot hot hot!!! Just realised that if the recipe says 2 chillies for 6 servings, you don’t need slightly more than half a chilli for one! Ah well, it blew the cobwebs away, and my mouth is still slightly burny now!!! It looks huge but was on a small plate ‘to fool you into thinking you have more food’ – it was filling though, so that probably wasn’t necessary! It contains both chick peas and lentils (I used puy though it probably should’ve been continental green lentils from the photo on the recipe site) so plenty of clean veggie protein there!

P1030100

Snacks: Protein porridge in the morning (topped with granola),

P1030096

and some mini Thai prawn & crab cakes with sweet chilli dipping sauce in the afternoon. These were left over from Christmas, when I went a bit mad buying ‘stuff’ for the buffets when people were here.

P1030099

I had intended to have my normal protein smoothie but something about today made me want savoury and hot rather than sweet and very cold! The cakes weren’t great, but I probably enjoyed them more after my little training session than I would have if I hadn’t done something! I also had some raisins, a little peanut butter and some frozen grapes – so clearly this morning’s breakfast was not satisfying enough to cut the snacking!

Weight today: 10 st 2.4 lbs

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissie. The tagine looks wonderful - really gutsy. I've never had preserved lemons either and have no idea how it would affect the taste. And remember that chillies boost your metabolism, so you can't go wrong there.

    I think those p and c cakes look like a great snack. And full marks to you for getting your HIIT in too!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to do more HIIT too. The tagine looks really tasty. Your food always looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete