Thursday, 18 February 2010

Didn’t bake any cookies!

Even though I got a new recipe yesterday for low fat chocolate cherry cookies that I have all the ingredients for… even though I love the combination of chocolate and cherries… so proud!!! Thanks for your support!!!

Well, the weather has been a washout today. We’ve alternated between snow, sleet and drizzly rain all day long. I had to go food shopping (by car) this morning and that’s about as outdoorsy as I’m going to be today! I did however make it onto the elliptical walker for 40 mins today. I know that there could be more efficient ways to spend that chunk of time, but somehow that’s the one I find easiest to motivate myself for, so what can I do?

Apart from scowl, sulk, and complain about the weather all. day. long.  Good job there was no one here to hear me, or I’d have been put out of my their misery by now!!!

Food today:

Breakfast: Vegetarian cooked breakfast consisting of a small tin of Weight Watchers baked beans, 2 Cauldron veggie Lincolnshire sausages, 1 egg, some dry fried mushrooms and 2 slices of toasted Nimble. Yum!

P1030195

Lunch: Barley split pea veggie soup with added spinach and black beans, spiced up a little by the addition of a little cumin, ground coriander and cayenne pepper. Plus a laughing cow salad sandwich.

P1030197

P1030198

Dinner: Turkey stir fry. I confess I used a store-bought bag of vegetables (I don’t like all the chopping!) Flavoured with reduced sodium soy sauce,  garlic, ginger, dried red chilli flakes and oyster sauce. And some brown rice udon noodles, my favourite kind!

P1030201

Snacks: One Dr Karg Seeded Spelt Cracker; one pot of greek yoghurt with honey and Dorset Cereals Cereal (OMG yum yum!)

P1030199 P1030200

and a small bowl of prawns dipped into Levi Roots’ Fiery Guava Dipping sauce (very well named – both fiery and fruity sweet!)

P1030196

Weight today: 10 st 3.1 lbs

2 comments:

  1. Ooh that breakfast looks lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie. A good day despite the weather!

    Yummy breakfast! Maybe that helped hold you off unnecessary eats?

    I always use ready shredded stir fry veg. I bought a 600g bag in Sainsburys the other day for 1.09. I couldn't buy all the individual ingredients for that!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete