Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Still invigorated

I’ve felt pretty good all day today, even though the sky was grey and it was pretty dreary (though not actually raining). I must have lots more massages, they really agree with me!

I walked into town this morning to buy some wrapping paper and a birthday card for a family member who’s 40 on Sunday, and enjoyed my walk much more than I have been doing lately. This afternoon I was actually inspired to pop into the gym for a short time – 20 mins on a stationary bike. I haven’t use a bike for quite a while because I find my nether regions don’t take kindly to the seat (even with a padded seat fitted and a pair of padded shorts on me!) but I’ve decided to start small and build it up because I can’t really rely just on walking / ellipticisizing for ever! I can’t say I enjoyed it, but the time went quite quickly – we’ll see how my more delicate areas feel later!

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches and a snack pack of raisins

Lunch: Vegetable soup with added beans and other veggies served with home-made quinoa bread (baked the second loaf today after leaving the dough in the fridge for 3 or 4 days and it was even better than the last one!) spread with a lovely citrusy-tasting Welsh goat’s cheese. Followed by a Cherry flavoured Muller Light yoghurt.

P1020918

P1020920

Dinner: Roasted Vegetable lasagne (made with my home-made lasagne sheets – did I mention they were partly made with wholemeal spelt flour? Much harder to work with, but it tastes just fine!) with salad and butternut squash ‘fries’

P1020922

Snacks: ‘Overnight oats’ – wholegrain oatmeal soaked in soya milk for a few hours; half way through that time I added some frozen mango chunks and chia seeds, and when I was ready to eat it I added the seeds from a passion fruit. It was absolutely delicious! 

P1020921

And a plate of chopped bell peppers with a snack pot of roasted red pepper houmous. So pretty and really lovely!

P1020917

Weight today: 10 st 4.25 lbs. I could wail and gnash my teeth, but I’m not too bothered after yesterdays oily & salty lunch!

4 comments:

  1. Oats definitely benefit from the overnight soaking, even if it's only in water! I am in a "green monster" phase at the moment and am using frozen fruit (mango and banana at the moment) in them...they add such a nice texture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie. A little pampering has done you a lot of good! Hope the good feeling carries on through the rest of the week.

    Wow - wonderful veg packed soup!

    I think your weight can only be due to all those carbs at lunch yesterday. It'll be better tomorrow for sure.

    I don't think doing anything which is likely to make you sore is a good idea. There are plenty of other ways of getting some cardio in.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW have you ever tried Power Plating?

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh...massage...there is nothing better.

    I limit my time on the bike because of an old knee injury that acts up before the nether region pain. Hope you didn't do too much damage to the delicate areas. I'm not sure you'd be able to massage that type of pain away.

    ReplyDelete