Friday, 29 January 2010

No photos today

Because I was caught out in a rain shower this morning and got water inside my camera!!! I thought it was bust for a while, but luckily it seems to be evaporating out now and improving so I’m hoping to be back to normal tomorrow.

Well, I said I thought I might be coming off my roll this week, and I was right! I woke up this morning after an OK night and wasn’t feeling bad till I got up – bending over to put my slippers on I felt like I’d been stabbed in the back – right between my shoulder blades. I took painkillers and did my weekly shop with no problems. Thinking it was fixed I then was stupid enough to walk into town (yes, you guessed it, with the heavy rucksack in place) to go to the library. OMFG when those painkillers wore off I was in agony! I had to buy more painkillers in town and take them before walking home. Then I got caught in the iciest rain shower imaginable and for the first time in ages just really wanted the walk to be over! Of course as soon as I got home the rain stopped and the sun came out…. ;-) Then I spent a few hours lying on the bedroom floor, and I’ll be back there before long, it makes me so much more comfortable!

Food today:

Breakfast: A quorn ‘sizzling banger’ sausage with egg white, spinach and mushroom scramble and 2 slices of nimble toasted & spread with laughing cow and reduced sugar strawberry jam. I wanted a lower fibre breakfast after yesterday’s stomach problems!

Lunch: The second portion of my chunky vegetable soup from yesterday with  nimble & laughing cow and a bag of Tyrells vegetable crisps.

Dinner: Home-made Thai red curry with chicken, sugarsnaps, baby corn, onion, carrots and bamboo shoots, served with rice.

Snacks: Oatmeal raisin-choc chip cookie, no added sugar jelly with Anchor Light Cream, almonds and raisins.

Weight today: 10 st 1.2lbs – which just shows how bad things were yesterday. I don’t expect to see these numbers in this order tomorrow morning now that my digestive system has settled right down!

2 comments:

  1. Ouchy! Ow! Ow! I hope your back gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie. I'm fairly speechless that you put a heavy rucksack on when you had had such backache. PLEASE don't do it again until you're really certain the pain has gone. You don't want to make things worse as backs are such tricky things. I really did wince at the thought of that rucksack combined with the pain. PLEASE be more careful.

    Sorry. Don't mean to lecture you!

    A lovely cooked breakfast! And then a delicious curry in the evening - I love bamboo shoots. And baby sweetcorn - I have often had them as a low cal snack - they are surprisingly satisfying.

    Hope your back is feels better tomorrow.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete