Sunday, 3 January 2010

Lovely Sunday

Sometimes I love living in semi-rural Wales in the winter! I nearly froze to death walking into town this morning, but it was worth it for scenery like this! These two shots show the temporary lakes that have formed on the fields where I sometimes, in  much drier weather, walk across to town to avoid the roads. They were inhabited by ducks, geese and swans, but they all left when I showed up with my camera! And I thought I was camera shy!

P1020685

P1020689

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches

Lunch: Turkey vegetable soup with a laughing cow, tomato and hard boiled egg sandwich I know this sounds ridiculous, but I do a mean hard boiled egg! No horrible grey ring around the yolk and no rubbery egg white!)

P1020692

P1020693

Dinner: Pizza!!! Feta cheese & vegetable, with roasted veggies.

P1020716

Before…

P1020718

And after!

Snacks: A bowl of porridge to warm me before my walk, and a protein smoothie in a bowl (topped with raisins, chopped walnuts, chia seeds and a dollop of rum & raisin cream – some things are too good to throw away even if they are really rich & fattening & deadly to the waistline!!!)

P1020715

Weight today: 10 st 4.1 lbs.

Quick question for you all! Some of you have commented on the food I feature on here… where I’m not following someone else’s recipes, would you be interested in my sometimes including a recipe for any of them? If you would, just respond in the comments and I’ll see what I can do, though it won’t be every day. If no-one does, I’ll just assume the photos are enough (after all I freely admit not many of them are very original or exciting) and won’t bother unless I’m all excited about it! And don’t worry, I won’t take offence…

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. I don't thinhk that sandwich sounds ridiculous at all!

    I'd like recipes for the more unusual things like the spoonable smoothies. I see them everywhere, but I don't know what chia seeds are!

    I'm in a Whetherspoons at the moment for a stingy 25 mins of free internet. Nothing at home for 5 days now ...

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete