Saturday, 30 January 2010

I’m back!

And here’s the evidence that there is no such thing as a squirrel-proof bird feeder!

P1020973

I’ve had a better day today. My back was still bad this morning so I took more painkillers first thing, and when I went for my morning walk I didn’t take a rucksack. While walking (and medicated) I had no pain at all, and it didn’t come back till this evening so I think that keeping it moving is key. We watched the sci fi movie District 9 this evening – very good if you like Sci Fi by the way – and when I stood up after watching it, OW!!! Its eased up again with being more mobile though, I think I must have been so involved with the film I forgot to move around (I was lying on the sofa) and stiffened up.

As I short-changed you on the photos yesterday, here’s a few from my walk today. It was a beautiful, bright sunny morning – very cold, but not a cloud in the sky. I went to a small village near here called Shirenewton, which I often visit because its so pretty. Its quite high up and therefore always colder than it is around us, when we have a light frost they have half an inch of ice on there puddles. I then did a loop to get home without the boring retracing of steps (about 8 miles in total), taking it easy and at a very steady pace.

P1020977

P1020997

P1020998

P1020995

P1020987

P1020988

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches

Lunch: A new split pea & veggie soup with houmous and crudités

P1030001

Dinner: Navajo Mutton stew (the last portion, all gone now!) with broccoli & cauliflower.

P1030002

Snacks: Errr… Protein smoothie,

P1020974

Raisins, dry roasted peanuts, oatmeal raisin-choc chip cookies * 2, rock bun * 1… oops

Weight today: 10 st 1.5 lbs

3 comments:

  1. Your Navajo mutton stew sounds interesting! Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie. So glad you left off the rucksack!

    I don't think the snacks are so bad considering all the walking you did. And the stew looks perfect for a cold evening.

    I hope the pain eases up soon. But please take very good care until you're sure it's completely gone.

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you had! They look amazingly good! I really admire you for promoting healthy living. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete