Thursday, 7 January 2010

Icy day

After overdoing things yesterday I decided to do some yoga today. You might have noticed I haven’t mentioned yoga for a while – well, the last time I did it was the last time I mentioned it and OMG I’ve got stiffer and less flexible since then!!! I did not feel competent at all! And I fell out of several poses… ah well! I don’t do New Year’s resolutions but I think perhaps I should introduce one – yoga at least twice a week, maybe 3 times…

Its absolutely beautiful here, but so cold I’m less tempted than usual to go out for a walk. It was well sub-zero overnight, and according to the weather forecasts isn’t expected to break into positive territory at any point today, so it should be nice and icy. I’ll stay indoors, and if I feel energetic later I’ll do some cardio instead! I haven’t tried any of them yet but I’ve recently recorded lots of yoga, Pilates and dance routines on a new Sky channel called Body in balance – its mostly from DVDs by Gaiam as far as I can tell – so that should offer me some choice if I get bored!

Food today:

Breakfast: Weight Watchers baked beans on toast

P1020775

Lunch: Left over giant cous cous salad from Monday evening in lettuce boats!

P1020776

P1020777

Dinner: “Around the world in 80 meals” Caribbean goat curry with brown rice and salad. This was delicious, and the meat so very tender… but the portion was tiny! I halved a recipe that claimed to feed 6, M and I shared it (admittedly I gave him the bigger portion) but it was minute – the plate you see below is a smaller than average melamine plate I use to convince myself I’m eating a bigger meal than I am, and you can still see more plate than food!

P1020778

P1020779

Snacks: Sweet cinnamon porridge made with soya milk, whey, and a single egg white whisked up then added after cooking (I’ve read lots of blogs about that trick to add volume and protein lately so I thought I’d give it a try! It didn’t affect the flavour at all, but did seem to bulk it up and gave it a slightly creamier / fluffier texture that was quite nice – plus an extra 3 gms of protein for only 15 calories, so I’ll do that again I should think! ) and a protein smoothie

Weight today: 10 st 2.4 lbs

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. Those sub zero temperatures were terrible. I was so worried about my pipes bursting. The weather seems almost balmy now! (All snow having gone here)

    Annoying to end up with such a small portion of goat curry. I think I would have had plenty of veg with it to bulk out the meal. It looks nice though - but only enough to feed a mouse!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete