Friday, 1 January 2010

Happy New Year!

I started today as I mean to go on – with a long walk! I was out for about two and a half hours, walked about 8 – 8.5 miles, and most of it carrying 22 lbs in my rucksack. I’m now mildly knackered and have slightly sore feet! It was well worth it though – a beautiful day, with a literally cloudless blue sky the whole way, and enough of a heavy frost to make the grass sparkle.

P1020665

P1020666

P1020669

Food today:

Breakfast: To welcome the new year I made a big cooked breakfast this morning, and had a nice latte macchiato with it.

P1020662

Two bacon rashers, one bison sausage, black pudding, poached egg and hash browns with red pepper and onion.

Lunch: Turkey vegetable soup followed by a home-made mince-pie and cream (Jamaican rum & raisin)

P1020674

P1020673

Dinner: Wild boar fillet with salad and roasted butternut squash – yum yum!

P1020675

Snacks: Protein bar, all bran with peaches, small slice of iced fruit cake…

Weight today: 10 st 4 lbs exactly

2 comments:

  1. Chrissie,

    It is my goal to one day go on one of these walks through the countryside with you. I'm putting it down on my wish list. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie. I love that ruined castle!

    Very nice breakfast. I've actually never had black pudding. Isn't it a mixture of fat and blood? But I suppose it might taste nice ...?

    I'm so behind in my blogging because I've had 2 moments of connection in the last 5 days. Belated Happy New Year to you!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete