Friday, 15 January 2010

The green green grass of home

Well, browny-muddy green at least! Today the temperature rose to 9.5 C and the snow and slush is nearly all gone – some remaining on the hills of course. I don’t usually appreciate rain as you know, but today I happily walked into town through the rain and enjoyed watching the snow melt!

My mini-binge yesterday, in case you were wondering, covered fudge, pick ‘n’ mix sweets (100g) and toast. Not vast quantities considering how much I wanted earlier, so I feel relatively OK about it. Better than I expected, really, as I was feeling quite tearful and pathetic in the afternoon. For no apparent reason. Ah well, not any more!

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with apricots

Lunch: Errrrr… Fish and chips. From a fish shop. Deep fried and stuff. In my defence, I’ve been wanting this since before Christmas and tried to replicate it with oven-baked versions before giving in!

P1020846

Dinner: Split pea vegetable soup (with added vegetables), grilled asparagus & courgette on the side, and some bread & laughing cow

P1020848

Snacks: Protein bar and muller light yoghurt

P1020847

Weight today: None, I didn’t step on the scales!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes you really just have to have the real, full on, fried, tasty goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE fish and chips. It's one of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissie. Wow! Good old fashioned fish and chips! Very naughty!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete