Saturday, 9 January 2010

Freezing Saturday

I walked into town today – had to do it, I was going stir-crazy here! It wasn’t necessarily the smartest thing to do as I woke up with back, shoulder, arm & leg aches. Maybe still the after effects of the last yoga session (hope not, that would be pathetic!) or maybe too much weight in rucksacks lately. I started the day with a bath to try to ease these aches (didn’t work!) then decided a walk to get the blood flowing would be good (still didn’t work). I also didn’t enjoy the walk very much because of the back ache. I was glad that I’d gone afterwards though, just breathing some (cold) fresh air for a change was good.

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches

Lunch: Turkey vegetable soup (a new batch!) with a laughing cow, reduced fat bacon and nimble bread BLT.  Or should that be CBLT for the laughing cow? One of those anyway!

P1020784

Dinner: Quorn bulgar chilli spiced up with a little Discovery brand chipotle paste and some diced butternut squash, served with brown rice and salad. This chilli just isn’t very good sadly, every time I’ve had it I’ve done something different to jazz it up and every time its just mediocre… ah well.

P1020787

Snacks: Protein smoothie, a couple of crackers…. and a Cadbury’s Crunchie!!!  Oh yes, and some fromage frais mixed with reduced sugar jam

P1020786

 

Weight today: 10 st 2.4lbs

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissie. Hope you're not taking any risks with your back. You do carry an awful lot of weight in that rucksack. And backs are such tricky things!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete